✿ 8 ✿

sitting next to tommy, jules took a deep breath.
" i guess i'll just start from the beginning."

" i met harry in year 10 when we were in the same chemistry class, and my mates always told me how we would make such a cute couple.

then one day he asked me out in front of his friends, and i felt bad about embarrassing him and i was too scared to say no so i just said yes. at first it was kinda nice, he was quite sweet.

but after around a year he became really toxic, he cheated on me and whenever i brought it up he manipulated me into thinking i was in the wrong. he pressured me into tons of things i was uncomfortable with, but i did them anyway because i was scared he would leave me, and i guess i sort of relied on him.

after that, we dated until about 11 months ago when i had the courage to break up with him. he wouldn't leave me alone and kept harassing me, he followed me around when i went outside, he texted me on every platform and tried to manipulate me until eventually i had to delete and restart all my social media's. then i met you." she opened up to him. tommy sat and stared at her, he felt so bad.

" holy shit," he sighed out, " i'm so sorry jules, i wish i could have been there for you." he wrapped his arms around her tightly.
" it's okay tommy, i'm over it now." she smiled softly into his shoulder.
" alright, go to sleep now. you seem tired, and i've got a surprise in the morning for you." he pulled out of the hug and dragged her over jokingly off the sofa.

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱

juliet walked into the living room, where tommy was sat attempting to braid charlotte's hair. she laughed slightly as she watched him get frustrated by the tutorial he was watching.
" oh- morning jules!" charlotte smiled when she spotted her sister.
" and now i tie it up.." tommy said, grabbing a hair tie. " and voila!" he grinned, quite proud of himself. well, that was until all her hair felt out of the braid and it all came undone. tommy's smile immediately disappeared.

" here, i'll do it." jules chuckled, sitting down and taking the hair tie out of tommy's hand. she began to braid charlotte's hair.
" oh, by the way auntie grace offered to let me move in with her." her sister told them.
" really? that's great!" juliet exclaimed. as much as she loved her sister, there was nowhere for her to go to school around here, and she didn't have any friends in brighton.
" yea, she's going to come around and pick me up at 9." charlotte smiled.

✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱✿⊰✲⊱✿✿⊰✲⊱

" jules, are you ready to go?" tommy called out to her as he stood by the door. charlotte had left by now and tommy was extremely excited to take jules for a day out in brighton.
" yes!" she said, walking over and putting on her shoes. " where are we even going?"
" it's a surprise." he smiled mischievously.

" okay let's go!"

the pair held hands as they walked around brighton, tommy on the look out for the café he was going to take them to. suddenly, he spotted it across the road.

" and here we are!" he grinned, pointing it out to her.
" a cat cafe!" jules exclaimed happily, jumping up and down. as much as he didn't want to admit it, tommy was quite excited himself for the café too. jules grabbed his hand and pulled him across the empty road and into the building.

she immediately began cuddling the cats, while tommy stood awkwardly and waved at the staff.
" tom! look at this one, she's called cinnamon!" she grinned in awe of the adorable cat in her arms. tommy kneeled down next to her as she passed the cat to him.
" oh my god he's so lovely!" tommy agreed, looking over to see a sign about how some of the cats were up for adoption. he smiled as he came up with a plan.