NHL: Tyler Seguin (Dallas Stars)

Tyler & Brooke

Tyler's hectic schedule meant many nights alone for me, but we got together as often as possible.

"I'm so glad we had time for this, Brooke," Tyler smiled as he sat across from me at an extremely fancy restaurant.

If it was up to me, we'd be cuddled up on the couch, stuffing our faces with junk food and having a movie marathon. But Tyler enjoyed spoiling me, or what he called "giving me what I deserved". Not to mention, today was our year anniversary.

"The city is beautiful at night," I remarked as I looked at the twinkling buildings.

"Not as beautiful as you," I heard Tyler mumble.

I turned around to look at him. He had a smug smile and was pretending to mess with his food.

"What's going on, Ty? You know I'd rather be at home alone with you. Why'd you bring me here tonight?"

"You know how much I like shrimp," he said as he pretended to salivate over his plate.

Before I could get another word out, the waiter brought us our dessert.

"Red velvet, my favorite," I smiled as I picked up my fork and immediately plunged it into the spongey treat.

As I stuck the fork in my mouth and chewed, I bit down on something hard. With furrowed brows, I reached in my mouth and pulled out a gorgeous diamond ring. I looked up at Tyler.

"I thought that f I put it in something you loved, you'd be more likely to say yes."

I laughed and covered my mouth, trying not to cry. "I'd say yes to you if it was in the corner of a bathroom stall. I love you so much, babe."

He walked over to where I was sitting and pulled me into him. "Love you more."