NHL: Jack Eichel (Buffalo Sabres)

Jack & Mariah

"Babe, you're gonna be fine," Jack reached over and squeezed my hand as he drove.

Jack and I had been dating for six months, and it was time for me to meet his parents. I wasn't dreading it, but I was at the same time.

"We're here, Mariah."

I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out before I had time to change my mind.

"Mariah!"

I turned and saw Jack's mom jogging down the stairs with her arms wide open. I pulled my purse up over my shoulder as soon as she got to me, and hugged her back.

"You're so pretty," she giggled as she pulled away and twisted my hair in her fingers.

"Mom," Jack whined behind me.

"Oh sorry. Is my Jack jealous that he didn't get the first hug?" She teased.

I turned around and saw Jack shaking his head with a smirk as his mom hugged him.

"Dad's on a business trip right now," Anne told us as we followed her into the house.

"What? I told him we were coming up today," Jack said angrily.

"Relax, bud. We can come down to BU when he gets back, okay? All that matters is you two got here safely."

Jack rolled his eyes and fell back onto the couch. Not knowing what to do, I sat down beside him and rubbed his leg, making him look over at me with a small smile.

"Are you a witch, Mariah?"

I looked up at Anne with my brows furrowed, not really sure what she meant.

"If you can calm that boy down with one touch, I wonder what a hug would do," she said, crossing her arms.

I blushed and looked over at Jack who was laughing.

"I'm gonna go get some drinks then we can get acquainted," Anne said as she turned and walked towards the kitchen.

"You're mom is something else," I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

"I lived with her for eighteen years. Believe me, I know."