Chapter 1

LeopardFur laid in the nursery, letting out a shaky sigh as one single kit laid beside her round belly.

The deputy clawed the dirt beneath her, K/n was her only kit, and her father is a rouge. "No one needs to know..." she whispered to the kit as she licked her ears.

K/n mewed quietly before nuzzling into the golden spotted tabby's fur. LeopardFur smiled and let out a small purr.

"LeopardFur, we have a visitor," StoneFur grunted as he poked his head into the den. LeopardFur lifted herself up, leaving her kit with MossPelt.

MistyFoot and BlackClaw had returned to camp with SilverStream's two kits. "What is he doing here?" The deputy growled as her eyes laid on GreyStripe.

"He wanted to live with his kits," BlackClaw muttered with narrowed eyes towards the ThunderClan cat.

GreyStripe nodded slowly, "please allow me to stay with them..." LeopardFur glared at him with piercing amber eyes.

She hadn't forgotten what happened at the gorge with WhiteClaw. "Fine, one paw out of line though and your out.."

The grey Tom nodded quickly as the two kits were taken into the nursery. "What are they're names?" The golden spotted she-cat questioned and she laid back in her nest.

MossPelt curled her tail around her two new foster kits, "FeatherKit and StormKit is what GreyStripe said..."

LeopardFur looked at them with interest, but turned back to K/n. The p/c she-kit suddenly opened her eyes, looking around wildly.

"Oh K/n!" LeopardFur mewed with emotion as she nuzzled her kit happily, her e/c eyes glowing in the darkness.

LeopardFur was going to shape her daughter into the best warrior, maybe even leader after her.

However MudFur bursted through the nursery, fear in his eyes, "it's CrookedStar, He's getting worse..."

MudFur then suddenly caught eyes with K/n, who giggled happily at him, "she...StarClan has great things coming for her and FeatherKit..."

LeopardFur narrowed her eyes at her father for quickly changing the subject so quickly. The brown Tom shook his head, "please come, he wants to see you."

She nodded and ran to the leader's den, "CrookedStar?" The brown tabby opened his eyes weakly, staring at his deputy with pale green eyes.

"Please promise me this..." he croaked before erupting into a coughing fit, "take take of my daughter's kits, please..."

LeopardFur sat by her leader, her eyes clouded with sadness, "I will try my best, they will be great warriors of RiverClan..."

CrookedStar smiled towards his deputy before letting out a agonising groan and his head hit the floor, his body going limp.

The golden spotted she-cat, rested her nose on CrookedStar's head, "rest well in StarClan..." she knew that now her responsibilities were going to be hard.
***

"I'm a big scary badger!" StormKit squealed as he puffed out his chest, trying to stand on two legs and flailing his paws at his sister.