Chapter 7

Three days of travelling had pasted and the group had been walking through fields filled with cows and horses.

W/n pricked her ears slightly as a rumbling noise was heard over in the next field, a large monster was roaming the fields and snagging the bits of yellow grass.

"What is that thing?" StormFur questioned as he stared at the large red monster in fear.

"I don't know, you never know what twoleg's are up to with those things," BrambleClaw meowed over the sound.

W/n took the lead, padding along the outskirts of the field, "we have to avoid it, I wouldn't like getting tangled in those barbs."

Everyone followed her slowly as they kept their eyes and ears on the large creature as it went in specific lines.

"I think we should hunt," BrambleClaw announced, W/n turned her head around and nodded. "I agree we haven't eaten in a while."

TawnyPelt and BrambleClaw quickly went into the dry grass, W/n padded along a small dirt path that lead off the field.

She heard rustling, and spotted a small field mouse nibbling on the wheat. W/n lowered herself to the ground, staring at it with unblinking eyes.

Normally she would be hunting fish and water shrews, but with no water around, a mouse would have to do.

The mouse was clearly unaware of the looming danger as it yawned and began grooming itself, W/n pounced on it and quickly dealt the killing bite.

"Nice catch, W/n~!" FeatherTail popped her head up as she purred happily at her mate.

W/n felt her pelt grow hot, "how long have you been there?" The silver tabby stood beside her with a smile, a shrew in her mouth.

"I was just watching how skilful you were, come on, the others have caught something!" FeatherTail padded away and W/n followed.

The others had already began eating their kills, so W/n quickly scoffed down the mouse, feeling refreshed and ready to go.

Eventually they begin journeying again and come across a wired fence, and quickly go under neath it after digging.

"The sun is going down," SquirrelPaw mumbled, W/n looked around the area and spotted thorn trees in the distance.

She pointed with her tail, "over there, we could shelter under those trees." All of the cats settled down in the soft grass and quickly fell asleep.

W/n however stayed up, looking up in the sky she was surprised to see SilverPelt stretch out for.

StarClan must be watching over them, surely? The p/c she-cat made herself comfortable and huddled close to FeatherTail for warmth.

"I've received my saltwater sign!" FeatherTail mewed happily as W/n flickered her eyes open and yawned.

"That means we are going the right way, I hope," W/n hummed as she laid her head in her paws.

"CrowPaw is the only one who hasn't revived a sign," BrambleClaw frowned, "will he be upset?"

FeatherTail flicked her tail slightly before standing up, "I'll go and tell him, if he's in a good mood."