Part 6

Dustin's perspective:

My eyes glazed over the different groups. Nancy and Robin, El and Max, Steve and Eddie, Will and Mike.

I knew something was up. Even though they had barely known each other, they still acted like they had been friends for years.

My eyes went to El and Max, and I saw El staring at Will and Mike. She looked around before catching my eye and signaling to go upstairs. I told Lucas I needed to pee and speed walked upstairs, hoping nobody would realize I was going in the opposite direction of the bathroom.

Once I found El sitting in her room, I sat down next to her.

"Hey" she said, looking up at me. "Hi" I responded, "What's up?"
"It's Will and Mike. I think they like each other." She said, laying down on her bed.
"How do you know? They've known each other for like, 2 days." I asked, not breaking eye contact.

It was a talent of mine. No matter how awkward the conversation was, I could keep staring at people. My friends found it funny, especially Lucas. But most adults found it rude.
"Stop staring boy. That's very inappropriate." They would say.
The truth was, I wasn't trying to. It just happened. My mom had always taught me to be polite. She had always been locked for being "too dramatic". I used to yell at people who made fun of her like that. They would say things like "She's just on her lady's days, you know how they get," or "Stop being so loud or you'll turn into her. That wouldn't be good, would it?"

Snapping back into reality, I turned to see El staring at me.
"Sorry, I spaced out for a second. What did you say?" I asked, rubbing my neck awkwardly.
"I said, 'We should make Will and Mike a couple'. Wouldn't that be a great idea?"
"I mean yeah, but they've known each other for a couple days. We should give it more time." I said, sighing.

El wasn't great at noticing social cues. She would try to crack jokes at serious times and start being serious when it was obvious people were joking. We had to remind her constantly when people needed serious El, and when people needed funny El.

"Fine, you tell me when I can try to push them together or force them into the same room." She said, sitting up.

I chuckled before standing up and heading back downstairs.

"What took you so long? Doing an extra long piss or something?" Lucas asked once I got back to our area.

He had already started rolling out the dough.

"Sorry, they were out of toilet paper," I said, picking out cookie cutters.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see El glancing back and forth between Will and Mike, and me.
I sighed, realizing she would never get it.

Heyy. Sorry this chapters a bit short but I'm tired. I have a couple questions for you that I want you to answer. One: what does votes mean? Like if someone votes on/for my story, what are they doing. Two: I have no clue where I want to go with this book so I'm open for suggestions. Even stupid ones. You think I should add characters from other shows/movies? Great. You think Will and Max should ditch everyone and make a band called "The Georgia Hippos"? Comment that. Please. I need suggestions. Anyways I'm just going to keep typing until it's at 600 words. I'm not rlly sure how much I can fit.