birthday party and powercut

Hi guys it's me again! JUST BC I HAVEN'T UPLOADED ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR A LONG TIME DOESNT MEAN THIS IS DISCONTINUED >:(

Anyways, I'm going to face-to-face classes now and one of the things i do during free time there is ✨writing✨

So yeah, writer's block was the culprit behind the long delay of this story now let's continue it :D

You randomly woke up in the middle of the night. Too much sleepiness prevented you from checking your phone of what time is it. You were about to get up the bed when you noticed something. Manny was sleeping beside you and he was hugging both you and the green plushie.

The smile on his face while he's sleeping was so contagious you slowly smiled too, due to the realization that he's feeling safe and comfortable for the first time since he lost majority of his family. You were about to go back to sleep when you heard some conversation outside the room.

"Sorry, Doi, y/n have to go real quick," you whispered as you moved his lil arm that is wrapped on you on the bed. You quietly wore the fluffy slippers on the floor and walked towards the door.

There, you can finally hear the conversation clearer tho they still seem to be talking in low voices. You slowly opened the door and see Endaya talking with Robin, Harry, and 2 identical-looking people. They must be twins. There were a few boxes around them for some reason. As you were about to interrupt, Endaya looked around for a moment and saw you.

"Oh hey y/n!" she said happily. "Didn't expect you to wake up this early!"

"Yeah idk why lmao," you replied.

You looked around for a second. "What's going on btw?"

"Tomorrow is Sophie's birthday," answered Robin.

"We have to do preparations for the birthday party, of course," added Endaya.

You don't know whoever Sophie is but you decided to help them anyway. Robin and Harry have decided they would dress up as mascots. The image of Robin getting devoured by a mascot, which you saw in the corrupted computer back at the apartment, haunted your minds for a moment but you shrugged it away.

Hours passed and you didn't notice the sun peek from the East. Robin, Harry, and one of the twins left to bring some items somewhere. You were currently inflating balloons when Manny came out of the room, yawning. He was surprised to see everyone getting ready for a birthday party for someone named Sophie.

You looked at the little child. "Oh! Good morning Manny!"

"Goodmorning!" he greeted back happily.

Endaya was very delighted to see him awake and embraced him tightly. As you continue blowing balloons, Manny went near you and played with some of the balloons that were already finished inflating. He then stopped for a second and asked "why are there birthday thingies around?"

"Because tomorrow is uhh Sophie's birthday," you said.

Manny gasped. "I know Sophie!"

"Wait you do?"

He nodded.

"Sophie is Doi's cousin," added Dennis.

"I can't remember when was the last time he has ever been with her," the other twin who was left in the house looked at Manny.

"I can't remember either" said Manny.

Soon, you were all finished. Endaya offered everyone to ride in her car. You went to a huge mansion, where the birthday party would take place. A little girl, which turns out to be Sophie, got very excited as she saw her cousin and ran towards him to give him a big hug. You smiled as you watch the two of them play as they got reunited.

The party started shortly. It was all going so well you've finally forgot about what happened back at the apartment. Robin, who was wearing a duck mascot, couldn't stop laughing at Harry's mascot, which was a red creature with a mop-like head. Sophie was having fun in her birthday. But most of all, Manny was feeling the happiness he deserved to have after a year of being a prisoner of his own fears in the apartment.

All of a sudden, all lights went off. There's power shortage throughput Clayhill! Manny, Sophie, and all other kids screamed loudly. You checked your phone for some announcements from the government and it turns out that there was a problem with the main electric power source of the town (a/n: idk what else would lead to a town-wide power interruption lmao).

Everyone continued the party using flashlights and the flashlight provided by phones. The birthday party ended yet the electricians haven't fully fixed the electricity problem. You hugged Manny and Sophie tight but you still can't stop worrying about the power outage.

"What we gonna do now?" asked Thea, one of the twins.

"I have no idea," you sadly said and looked at Robin and Harry. "Or maybe I do."

"I'll get Manny safely back at my home," volunteered Robin. "Perhaps Harry and y/n can come and help."

Endaya lets you borrow her car. Luckily you know how to drive so you used it to drive Robin, Harry, and Manny to Robin's house. But before you even reached the subdivision, the car ran out of engine. There's no available gas station anywhere so the 4 of you decided to just walk while using the flashlight in your phone. After a minute, your phone ran out of battery.

"Dangit! We're not gonna reach our destination!" complained Harry.

"What's important is we'd be able to find this little boy a place to sleep for the night until the whole electricity problem is fixed!" you argued. Manny was still holding on you, scared, despite the fact that he's already getting used of the dark.

You opened the door of a random building beside you and ushered Manny, Harry, and Robin inside. Tired, you lie down a random couch that you found. You didn't care about the fact that it's broken and eventually fell asleep. It was yet to realize you made a big mistake...