across dimensions

You backed away as Colin kept on attempting to attack Roy while he tries to ward the ghost off with a shovel due to too much panic.

"ENOUGH! BOTH OF YOU!" yelled Harry. "THE PAST IS PAST! NOW STOP FIGHTING AND JUST HELP US WITH PREPARING THE RITUAL!"

Roy and Colin obeyed him. Soon after all the black roses were found, Endey explains more procedures. All the molearages, hrequns, and rawfeiats were arranged in a circle around the whole apartment. Each strand of cabilanguean were tied with the candles and the black roses. Robin grabs a lighter and lights up each of the candles. While Endey chants the spell found in the spell book, you slice each cabilanguean in the circle with the boar's tooth.

Straight after cutting the last cabilanguean, the black roses glowed as well as the circle. The flames on the candles turned dark purple. The gigantic tooth you're holding starts shaking. Soon, you felt uneasy and all of a sudden, your legs gave up. You fell on the ground and lost your senses.

What the fuck you muttered in your mind. What the fuck's happening to me...

You lifted your head up and shook into senses. Straight after opening your eyes, you realized you're back inside the apartment, but it's different. This place looks quite transparent, with a dreamcore aesthetic. Suddenly, you heard giggles. You looked around and noticed transparent people dashed from one place to another.

"Hello?"

Seems you're all alone in here. While you were on your way to find the exit, you accidentally bumped into a random man. He's just as transparent as the others you've seen there. This man was holding a bottle of beer in one hand and skirt of a little girl in another. A clock hand was stuck on his head and blood was coming out of it.

"WhAt YoU tHiNk YoU'rE dOiNg HeRe!"

You managed to dodge his attack on time but you still have to run. The man seems as if he's desperate to end your life. But the clock hand in his head was bothering the hell outta you. You jumped into a shelf, grabbed on the clock hand, and pulled it out of the man's head. The man shrieked and then disappeared into nothing. Well, that was just so fucking quick.

This place feels like a fever dream. You couldn't figure out where to go. In one room, you heard a loud snoring. You entered and saw a man, who seems to be around the age of 18. An empty bottle of beer was in one of his hands and drops of whiskey was dripping from the mouth of the bottle. He was sleeping so deeply on the bed that you feel too hesitant to wake him up. But your presence made him woke up. The young man rubs his eyes, yawns, and looks at you.

"Oh, who are you?" he asked.

"I'm y/n uhh nice to meet you I guess," you answered.

"That's a nice name! I really hate mine."

"What's yours anyway?"

"Larry, it literally sounds like the name of a loser," said Larry.

You once again noticed the bottle.

"What's the last thing you remember before falling asleep?"

"I went to drink in a strip club with my friends. But then I got drunk and my friends have to help me get back home. Before I could reach the apartment, I blacked out and I dreamt about possessing a lamp and attacking people in their sleep," he explained.

You sighed. Those weren't probably his dreams but rather his consciousness after he had passed away.

"I suggest you go take a walk outside," you said. "It's a really beautiful morning and you probably wouldn't wanna miss it."

"Good idea, y/n!" Larry said happily.

He gets up the bed but before he could reach the door, he disappears into nowhere just like the man from earlier. You walked out of the room, thinking about what the others outside were probably doing right now. Peeking out the windows is an option but the windows were fucking foggy. At a nearby kitchen, you heard laughing of what sounds like a whole family.

You went into the kitchen and saw a middle-aged man with a short middle-aged woman, which you quickly assumed is his wife. Both of them were happily feeding a little boy around a couple of years younger than Manny. Sitting at another side of the kitchen were an identical pair of teenage girls, the twins. They were sharing each other the contents of the cans they're holding.

"Uhh sorry to interrupt your uhh family bonding I just wanna check on you I dunno," you said.

The whole family looks at you. There was a few seconds of silence, which is later broken by the patriarch of the family.

"Have you seen a blond 20-year-old man somewhere?"

You remembered one of the trapped souls you accidentally freed hours ago.

"Yeah I did."

"She found Fred!" one of the twins declared happily. "Now we're gonna be all complete again!"

"Thank heavens! Where is he now?" asked the mother.

"Uhh outside I think."

You watched as the family celebrated. It seems they're excited to see their missing family member again.

"Come on, Billy, we have found your older brother," the mother said happily as she picks up the little boy.

The whole family goes on their way towards the outside of the kitchen. The father walks up to you.

"Thank you, young lady," he said with a smile and went back to his family.

You sighed as you see them vanish one by one. This place becomes more lonely than ever. You decided it's time you go outside. Out of nowhere, you hear giggling of a child. Wondering who and where it could be, you dashed towards the source of the sound and ended up outside the apartment.

Instead of houses, the outside was nothing but a vast forest. And instead of the ritual circle you and your friends formed, the apartment was surrounded by what looked like a glowing crater. Someone taps on your shoulder. You looked around and was shocked to see a little boy hanging from a tree branch backwards. He seems to have a resemblance with Manny.

"I hate you for taking my little brother away from me!"

"Wait, you're Nathan?" you asked out of curiosity.

"How did you know my name?!" questioned Nathan.

"I saw your sister's diary and Manny tells me stories about you," you said.

Nathan hops down from the tree. He then holds on one of your hands.

"I've made friends with lots of other dead people in the forest," he reported. "But despite that, I still miss my siblings, especially Doi."

"Guess what? I'm bringing you to them."

The little boy's eyes brightened up. "Really?"

You nodded. Nathan jumps in joy and holds in your hand more tightly. Instinct tells you to cross the crater and you did. After stepping on the crater, you felt uneasy again. You witnessed Nathan disappear before losing your consciousness.