C10: Dreams

♤ Hazel's POV ♤

I quickened my pace to the children's ward where my very first patient is admitted.

Name: Evans Green
Birthday: 1 January 2010

"So, hello there little guy."

"It's you." The little boy said to me.

"Yes, it's me. Hello, I'm Dr. Hazel." I said to Evan's Mother who apparently looked so worried.

"Mommy, I'm going to be okay." The little boy consoled his mother.

"I'm going to check on him, he looked like a very strong boy." I smiled, trying to console his mother although I could sense that he was very ill.

His face was pale, he had a hard time breathing. My first thought was there might be fluid in his lungs or pneumonia or probably, bronchitis.

Hazel:"Okay, say ahh"

Evans: "Ahh"

"Good boy." I smiled.

Evans:"But, Dr. My chest hurts. *coughs* "

Hazel: "Does it hurt here? Here?"

Evans: "No. Yes. Ahh ouch."

Hazel: "Okay, let me take your temperature and your heartbeat."

Hazel: "You're such a good boy."

Evans: "I've seen you in my dreams, Dr. Hazel."

Hazel: "Really? That's really nice to hear."

Evans: "Yes, and you need my help."

"I need your help?" I was stunned by what he said. We definitely hadn't seen each other.

Evans: "Yes. You were crying in my dreams and you were holding my golden medal."

Mother: "Evans. Cut it out. I'm sorry, Dr. Hazel. He might be hallucinating."

Evans: "Mommy, I'm not..."

Hazel: "Don't worry, Mommy. It's probably just the medications. I'm going to get a CT Scan on his chest and a CBC Blood test to check his white blood cell. There's likely there's fluid in his lungs or pneumonia."

Mother: "Can it be treated?"

Hazel: "Definitely. We just need him to be here for a few weeks. And he should be right on track."

Mother: "Thank you, Dr."

I smiled at this wonderful lady. Something made my heart cringed in pain and guilt. I had no idea what it was. But, I felt a very different feeling towards this little boy and his mother.

As I walked down the Children's Ward, I realised how many children had to suffer in pain at such a young age.

Then out of the blue... a basketball bounced to my feet.

I picked it up and there was a name written on it, Markus Timberlake. I looked around my surroundings hoping to find the owner of this basketball.

"That's mine" a lovely voice spoke from behind.

I turned around to see who it was. To my surprise, it was a young boy on a wheelchair.

"So, you must be Markus Timberlake. You know what Markus, basketballs aren't allowed here you know." I smiled at him and gave his basketball back.

"Thanks. You look familiar."

He was such a lovely boy with hazel eyes just like Maxx-- why is Maxx suddenly in the picture?

"You may have seen me around here. I'm actually a new doctor."

"You're the girl in my dreams."

"Dreams?" I was stunned to realise what Markus said was similar to what Evans clearly said.

"Yes. You were crying while holding my silver medal."

I was speechless. It was exactly similar to Evans but the difference was... Golden Medal and Silver Medal.

"I wanted to console you. But, you wouldn't stop."

I scrutinized Markus' body.

"What happened to your leg?"

"I...I kinda got out of balance..."

I could sense his sadness in his eyes. My heart cringed. I felt a sense of guilt and I didn't know why. I have no idea.

I looked at my watch, 6pm. I'm late.

And before I knew it, Markus was gone.

I gulped.

What is it with their similar dreams?