C3: Destined Patients

Hazel's POV ♤

The moment I had reached the hospital, I wanted to check on Heshley and opened her door slightly ajar just to hear...

Heshley: "hahahah you're so cheeky."

Jones: "No, haha I'm not. So where do you work?"

Heshley: "Oh about that... I actually live here and the company I'm working for is here but I'm destined to different places."

Jones: "A stewardess eh?"

Heshley: "Oh haha I'm actually a project manager, I'm the one who managed the celebrations. Unfortunately, I'm destined to a province this weekend."

Jones: "A province?"

Heshley: "Yeah, 50th anniversary of Taylor's Residences. OMG. What a coincidence! Isn't your surname Taylor too. Hahaha"

Jones: "More like...Destiny! Cause it's my grandparents' anniversary you're actually working on."

Heshley: "Ahhaah Do you believe in Destiny?"

Jones: "Isn't this already Destiny?"

I closed the door to prevent any disturbance for these two who appeared to have a spark instantly. My heart was crushed like a paper and stabbed countless of times. Destiny?

What is Destiny?

I sank into my chair with my medical books in front of me. For the past 29 years of my life, I was a coward. I only have these books and music as an ecape plan from the cruel reality.

"I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn around and break them
When someone cuts your heart
Open with a knife
Yeah you beat it
But I could be the guy to heal it over time
Now I won't stop until you believe it
Cause baby you're worth it
So don't act like it's a bad thing
To fall in love with me
Cause you might feel around
To find your dreams come true with me
Spend all your time and your money
Just to find out that my love was free
So don't act like it's a bad thing
to fall in love with me
It's not a bad thing
To fall in love with me"
-Justin Timberlake (Not a Bad Thing)

As those lyrics sprang into my ears, I was mesmerized by it. I felt like I was getting deaf.

Was I really that too hard to fall in love with?

Tapos biglang...yung feeling na nagse-senti ka tapos may bumalabog sayong Phone Call. ./.

Head Nurse: "Dr. Caramel, we have a patient waiting for you at first level."

Hazel: "Any diagnosis?"

Head Nurse: "A slight fracture on his arms."

Hazel: "Okay, I'll be right there."

I hurried off to the first level hoping to ease the pain and jealousy.

Hazel: "You're glowing today, Head Nurse."

Head Nurse: "Oh stop beating about the bush, Dr Caramel. Here's the folder for your patient there. You look tired today, Ms."

Hazel: "Every doctor is always tired. But we will never get tired for the lives of our patients."

Head Nurse: "Cheeky, you are. Go on."

At least I got a good laugh with Head Nurse... and I headed off to my very first patient. As I opened my door, to find a very decent looking man sitting scrutinizing my office.

Hazel: "Okay, Good Morning ... *looks at the folder* Maxx Howards."

Maxx: "Good Morning, Dr... *looks at my nametag* Hazel Caramel."

Hazel: "Ha. Okay, let's check your heartbeat first."

I turned my back to get some antiseptic and antibacterial liquid to free my hands from any bad bacteria I may have caught.

Maxx: "I'm actually fine, just a fracture on my arm."

Hazel: "Very well sir. But as a Doctor, it is my utmost duty to check your heartbeat."

I placed gloves on my hands and took my stethoscope

Maxx: "Very well"

Hazel: "Oh my gosh. For gracious sake, put back your shirt, young man!"

"You were going to check my heartbeat right?" Maxx said with a smirk that could instantly make your heart race.

"With your shirt on." I said while gazing at him for something he shouldn't have done.

Maxx: "Oh As you can see in my folder, I'm not a teenager. I'm actually a director."

Hazel: "I wasn't asking..."

I quietly whispered for I was dumbfounded by what my eyes shouldn't have seen.

"Oh, my apologies." He said as he smiled cheekily while putting on his shirt.He has a....very nice white teeth.

Hazel: "You should be."

I approached him with my stethoscope hoping to get a closer detail of his heartbeat. As I placed my stethoscope onto his chest, I could hear his fast pacing heartbeat.

Maxx: "Oh, my heart is closer here."

He directed my hand to where his heart was specifically placed. His hand over mine. My heart skipped a beat and I gulped.

Hazel: "I'm a cardiologist, I know where your heart is, thank you very much."

I said defensively as I stared at his eyes, the chest piece still on his chest.

Hazel: "I bet you don't even know what cardiologist mean."

To my surprise, he leaned closer to me. His heartbeat was getting super fast. His beautiful brown, hazel eyes staring back to mine.

"Well as far as I know, some said that when couples stared at each other's eyes, their heartbeats will be sharing the exact same rythm." Maxx gave a dashing smile and I backed away instantly causing a chaos to my table.

I sensed danger here, and I wanted to get out.

Hazel: "Umm I'll have Head Nurse to get an Xray on your right arm. And then you should be okay... regarding on your arm."

And I scurried off out of the room. He was creepy but handsome. He has such a beautiful brown hazel eyes. His heartbeat was different though, it was super duper fast.

Maxx's POV ♧

Oh shit. What did I do? I didn't mean to flirt with a doctor. The moment that she walked in, I knew I got to do something out of the ordinary. I needed to get her attention. I don't know what I was feeling. But it was completely different. I didn't even know what I just did. I was a former playboy type of guy, but what I did today left me in awe. Was I hypnotized by her venom?