The What Ifs

Sometimes I wonder about what could've been.

If I had accepted your love confession back then.

But alas, we both know you didn't truly love me.

If you did like me for the reasons you told me, then why aren't we close friends now?

But as I look closer at the reasons, they were more feelings of admiration than love.

How foolish of me.

Is this our fate? when one of us likes the other we can't help but love from afar?

However, I do not just admire you, I think you're absolutely adorable, I find your so-called flaws, cute. You're corny pickup lines are stupid, but they're my favorite kind of stupid. You are the sunrise after a cold dark night, My partner-in-crime, my player number 2, the sherlock to my watson. You are my favorite case to solve, your little quirks that make me giggle. When you lean your head on the table while looking at me, the world stops. And for a moment I fluster up and cover my face, burning at your looking eyes. As I say "Sorry I'm just nervous" but I was nervous because of you, do you know how your eyes make my heart flutter?

But still, when there's an empty space next to me, you don't even sit down, you just stand around. When you have something exciting to show, you don't go to me, you go to my bestfriend.

You didn't love me, you loved the idea of me. Because when it came to real life, we were as distant as strangers.

I know your love wasn't real, it was just infatuation, but my love for you was real, is real, and will forever be real. And even though I know your love for me wouldn't last, I still can't help but think about the What Ifs.