Chapter 4 🔞

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
> Confrontation
> Manipulative Triggers
> Recollection Of Past Events

Hoseok bumps into Jungkook on his way to work one day. It's been a year since they both graduated and got busy with their lives. In fact they really haven't spent any substantial time together after that one party at Namjoon's place.

Hoseok knows that Jungkook accepted one of his campus offers while he himself decided to start his own business. Of course it helps when you are handed over a few million dollars to start something of your own but nonetheless Hoseok has been working hard. He doesn't take things for granted neatly as much as he did a year ago.

"Jungkook!" yells Hoseok from across the street. The other has headphones on and it's only natural that Jungkook can't hear him. So he dodges vehicles left and right before he manages to cross the road. And Jungkook is about to step into the subway when Hoseok finally catches up.

"Wow! What are you doing here?" Jungkook asks with a slight frown that fades away out of politeness. Hoseok wonder why Jungkook isn't pleased to see him but he doesn't ask.

"I thought you moved to US!" Jungkook informs him while turning around and stepping a few feet away from the subject entrance. Hoseok does the same in order to avoid bumping into rushing commuters.

"I did!" he finally answers after catching his breath "But I moved back here last month. I've set everything up and my team can handle the rest. It's not like they need me to actually sell those." Hoseok chuckles.

Jungkook half heartedly smiles as he asks "What exactly does your company sell? Sorry I haven't been in touch with anyone who knows you so..." and Hoseok answers. But a loud honk from a truck passing by covers his voice.

Jungkook doesn't asks again and Hoseok doesn't repeat himself. It's clear that Jungkook isn't really interested in knowing anything.

"Let's catch up over drinks someday?" he questions with a faint smile and Jungkook nods in agreement. They exchange visiting cards and give each other a polite hug.

"See you!" says Jungkook and Hoseok walks away.

-------

A few days after Hoseok bumped into Jungkook, a text message from an unknown number wakes him up on a Sunday morning.

Unknown Number: Hi! It's me. Can we meet?

Hoseok: Who's this?

Unknown Number: Jungkook. We met a few days ago? You gave me your number near the subway?

Unknown Number: Sorry! I must have the wrong number. I was texting an old friend.

Friend! Hoseok reads the last word a few times before responding.

Hoseok: Jungkook-ah! Sorry I forgot to save your number that day. Your card is still with me in my wallet. Are you free for lunch?

Hoseok quickly saves Jungkook's number after responding. He sincerely hopes Jungkook doesn't think it was rude that he didn't save the other's number yet.

Jungkook: Yeah! Sure! Same place like old times?

Hoseok: Sounds great! See you at noon!

-------

Hoseok walks up the abandoning building for the first time in almost two years. He used to visit this place with Jungkook and a few other friends back when they were Freshmen in college and they kept hanging out until one day Jungkook stopped coming. It was just not fun without him so Hoseok stopped meeting him other friends there.