Chapter 5

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
> BL00D AND B0DY FLUIDS

Jungkook has been given one week. One week to prove that Hoseok is innocent and someone else has been going on a killing spree. The media was told not to let any vital Information out just yet so Jungkook still has some time to find out the real series killer.

Jungkook calls it instincts but everyone else working with him calls it biased faith. Hoseok was present in the vicinity of all the 10 murders that have happened in quick succession over the past 5 years.

The first one was of three college kids, Freshmen, same university as Hoseok's and thought to have been his friends. They went missing a week before finals and everyone assumed they dropped out. That was before their bodies were found in a vehicle submerged in the river not too far from the abandoned building Hoseok's family owned.

The second was at a wedding receptionist. A couple was found strangled and intertwined inside a bathroom stall in the wedding venue. The men seemed to have known their assailant.

It was impossible to find out who did it because no cameras were allowed inside the venue. The security cam footage leading to the bathrooms was conveniently never found. Hoseok was the last person the couple talked to. Apparently they adored him.

One of the most shocking ones was a woman in a parking lot not to far from a strip club. Everyone assumed it was one of the strippers until it turned out to be one of the convenience store clerks. She was the one that worked the morning shift. For some reason she had to work late that night.

It was assumed to be a 'wrong place at the wrong time' kind of incident and she had no surviving relatives so the case was closed. But someone noticed that Hoseok had visited a bar not too far from the strip club on the night of the murder.

The rest were never solved but pushed under the rug because they were freshly released felons who were out on parole. Two of them were found in a construction site that was owned by JHS Enterprise.

One was found next to Hoseok's University around the time he was driving out unusually late. A faculty member had seen Hoseok having an argument with some new student just minutes before he drove away. It was the stalker Jungkook knew as well. So he knew Hoseok had a reason to not engage politely.

The last one was the most brow raising incident. One of the four felons was found dead near Hoseok's Apartment. Just a few feet from the entrance in a van that could have been used for something shady.

Everyone assumed the felon was back at his antiques and just like the other three, this too was considered pointless and promptly closed. One less scum off the streets, they thought. Sometimes you just need to pick your battles.

Good samaritans deserved the full attention of law enforcement agencies. It made no sense to try and solve the murder of a felon who himself had done a whole lot of harm to others.

Jungkook was giving all the cold cases when he joined the agency. It was his boss's way of testing his patience. Little did they know, Jungkook would connect all the dots.

It was Jungkook who figured something was odd about the four felons being murdered and even if the MO was close to the other 6 that was being linked to Hoseok, something about them felt a little too personal, almost intimate. It was like the killer took extra pleasure killing them.

*knock on the door*
*Jungkook looks up from his desk*

"Hey!" a college speaks with confusion on her face. "Is your asset planning on leaving the city?".

"Which one?" asks Jungkook and the woman replies "That professor who was teaching at the Target's University. From your cold case list.".

Jungkook met Namjoon just a few hours ago and had no idea of Namjoon even wanted to leave when he assured Hoseok that he won't. But he could be wrong. Namjoon has been acting strange lately.