Chapter 8: The struggle of choice

Remember when I said chapter 8 was gonna be the last chapter, I lied.

Your best bud narrator pov:

After the random request to the school dance, Eula had a hard time choosing what to wear.

Was she gonna have to wear something elegant or would it be over the top and unnecessary?

"What in the? All this for some silly dance, good luck finding a new partner." Amber laughed (this was her imagination).

Maybe she was gonna wear a simple dress, nothing special about it, but would it be too boring?

"After all your noisy talk about elegance, I'm shocked that you are wearing such a simple dress to such an important matter! Shame on you, good luck finding new friends." Amber criticized (this was also her imagination and it was even less accurate than the one before).

Her maid had noticed it and wanted to ask, but it also didn't wanna be a bother to Eula.

"Uh, Lady Eula, is there anything I would be able to assist with?" The maid nervously asked, stepping into Eula's room carefully.

"There is, are you aware of the event called the school dance," Eula questioned blushing a bit by just thinking about it.

But the maid wasn't happy or shocked at all, she was having flashbacks of her time at her school dance. These were not happy memories, at all.

F L A S H B A C K S

"Wait! Why would you, who could you? With other women, kissing them, making out with them at the same time as me without my permission or at least saying?" She argued with her boyfriend.

"How could I? How could you embarrass me like this?! Just by you stepping into this prom I feel the will to push you away. Your only purpose is for family reasons." He argued back leaving her shocked, she was holding back tears.

"W-What, what do you mean? You don't love me?" She cried, it hurt too much for her to hold her tears.

"I never loved you, I never will, you were an easy one to trick. Farewell for good now." He looked back just to start walking back to his friends on the other side of the building.

She fell to the floor, trying to wipe away her tears that would just come back like a waterfall. You were an easy one to trick? These words hit her hard, she clearly wasn't the first one to get tricked by him.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Miss? Miss are you there?" Eula asked the maid who was completely spaced out in her thoughts, and flashbacks.

"Oh I'm terribly sorry Lady Eula, it seemed as if I have spaced out. May I ask for forgiveness?" She snapped back to reality.

Eula saw the maid's sad and empty eyes, lost in thought. Eula was quite worried thinking she disturbed her like that.

"A-Are you okay?" Eula out of worry and care for her maid asked.

"Yes, though I need to ask you a quick question." She insisted.

"Go ahead, and after that, if you don't mind we complete the dress issue?" Eula slowly left her elegant talk.

"Who is this for?" She asked nervously playing with her fingers.

"Well if you promise not to tell a single soul I shall give you the answer you need." She blushed trying to brush it off by looking away.

"I promise to not tell a single soul in the whole continent of Teyvat." The maid promised quite interested in whoever it was.