Chapter 24 - New Years

So it's been a week since Christmas. Since Jai gave me the promise ring.

Not a lot changed. Or happened. However, it's new years. So that's something I'm looking forward to.

I've sorted my outfit already and I even helped Dani aswell, which was odd of me knowing me. My room was tidy, my mum, dad and Dani went shopping for some more food, and I stayed at home, because I was getting a bit overwhelmed from all the emotions that I'm dealing with for the past few weeks now.

I was going downstairs, untill i heard the boys talking, in the twins' room, so I decided to listen. (don't judge me).

''..that would be a great idea for our new video'' I think Skip said. ''Hey, I was wondering..can..can I bring a friend tonight to celebrate new years with us?''Daniel asked. Waittt..he has a girlfriend?! And didn't tell me?!

''Sure'' ''Of course'' Everyone agreed. And then the words that shattered my heart..

''So if Skip is bringing a friend, can I also bring a lady friend tonight?''Jai asked my brother, that was queit for awhile.

''wait.. but I thought you have a thing for Alex?'' Luke said confused. My eyes started to tear up. Was Jai kidding?

''You have a thing for my sister?!'' James said wayy louder than I expected.

''Whatttt nooo, I mean it's James' sister. I couldn't. She's still a child.'' Jai said like it was some sort of joke to him. Child? So every touch..every kiss..meant nothing to him?

That's when I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I ran downstairs, took my jacket and ran. Somewhere. To think.

------------------

''Is that a yes?'' I asked Nash through the phone. ''Yes. I'll come at 8. Is that alright, sweetheart?'' Nash said. ''Of course, see you then'' and I hung up.

I invited Nash to the party tonight. Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe not. It's too late anyway. If Jai didn't care about me like he said he didn't and moved on so quick. So can I, right?

-----------------

I came home. My head was a bit more clear and I was calm now. I got dressed, did my makeup, hair and all that jazzzz.

I made sure I would look super pretty tonight. I don't why. Is make up really makes us pretty? Or does it just cover our insecurities that are brighter than the shooting stars? hm..another thing to think about at night.

I heard silent music and chatting donwstairs. Everyone was having a good time already.

I heard a door bell.

Nash.

I slowly went downstairs, ignoring all the stairs from people. I felt heartbroken. I didn't even want to smile. But I had to make myself.

I saw Nash standing in the hall looking very handsome. He was really a good guy. Why can't I just be attracted to him? Why do I always get attracted to idiots?

''Alex...wow..you l-look georges'' Nash said staring at me. His eyes were everywhere but my eyes. Finally they met mine.

''Thank you, you too''

--------------

I tried my best to ignore Jai. I tried to stay invisible. I only talked to Nash. We got to know each other, and I realized that I couldn't date Nash. We're just too different. But we could be very good friends. He also agreed, which was one thing that was positive in my life right now.

We also danced for a bit, and drank few drinks.

...And I did not stalk Jai and his ugly ass ''lady friend'' swallowing each other's faces and then puking each other out. Nope. That did not happen.

The boys were busy with their little things. Luke was with his girlfriend, Daniel with his lady friend, Beau was talking with his old buddy and James was playing with Dani on the sofa. Jai just..was being Jai.

Only 10 minutes left before new years. Everything was just too much, so I went to my balcony in my room to calm down for a minute.

I can't just pretend that I'm happy when my heart is breaking from the sight of Jai with someone else.

Why him?

(doors closing sound)

I heard the doors closing. Somebody is in my room. Can't I just be alone for one second in my own damn freaking house?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo what do you think?

I know this chapter is boring, but I wanted to leave it like that, like a cliffhanger, and then the next chapter BOOOMMMM

Please vote, comment, share and don't forget to read!

Sorry for any mistakes !

Love you all !! <3 <3 <3 xoxoxo