VII

It's been a few weeks and me and Mark have been spending more time together. I think he feels the same way I do about him. We've hung out a few times out of school and he's always quite flirty with me. It gives me butterflies. I've also been doing quite good at my job. I've earned around $1152 in the time I've been working there and for reference I work six days a week and four hours shifts.

I wait for Mark to come pick me up. Did I mention he walks with me to school everyday and sometimes walks me home from work? He's such a gentleman, so caring and I feel a lot safer with him around since he's an alpha.

I see him walking up my driveway and I almost run outside. I smile and walk up to him and he returns the gesture.

"Good morning." he says.

"Morning."

We continued our way to school and on the way there he grabbed my hand, holding it close. My heart sped up and I squeezed his hand back. Our fingers weren't intertwined, but our palms grasped each other. I was scared my hand would start sweating but I tried my best to keep calm. As we walked hand in hand Mark asked me how I was doing and I said good.

He still doesn't really know about my family life at home and I plan to tell him someday, but I'm not quite sure when that'll be right now, I'm sure it will come sooner or later. We made our way to the front of the school, making it there a little early like always. I had a plan that I was gonna take him to the rooftop this morning.

"Hey, I have something to show you." I said, dragging him to the door where the stairs to the rooftop were.

He looked confused, "Okay then."

We walked up the flight of stairs, still hand in hand and when we got to the top I dropped it. I opened the door to the rooftop and walked right outside, Mark following after me.

"Wow, it's so pretty up here." he said.

"Mhm, I know. That's why I wanted to bring you up here." I say looking back at him.

I go to sit down and he follows, setting his stuff next to mine. I sigh and breathe in the fresh air. I want him to hold my hand again but I don't have the courage to make a move, so I don't. The cool breeze blows my fluffy hair into my eyes and I turn to look at Mark.

"Do you think I can succeed in life?"

Mark pauses at the sudden question, "Um, if you try hard and keep a good mindset I think anyone can achieve their goals."

I just nod my head and then rest it on his shoulder. He doesn't seem to mind and I close my eyes, enjoying the quiet.

I awake from my light slumber when the bell rings and apparently Mark fell asleep too as he was also a little shocked by the noise. We both quickly got up and headed down the stairs.

"Um, I'll see you later." he said and I nodded heading to my art class.

When I got there Renjun was staring daggers into my eyes. "Where the hell have you been? You said you'd be here early today to help me. I had to get Jisung to do it."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot..." I say, embarrassed. I was supposed to help him paint today and I didn't even have a good excuse. I sit down next to him and sigh.

"So are you gonna tell me where you were or are you just gonna sit there?" he said quickly.

"I was on the rooftop." I say.

He gives me a look that says 'I don't believe you.'

"With Mark..."

He shakes his head, "why am I not surprised? You two would be cute though."