XVII

I continued to go to school until I was 20 weeks pregnant and then I had to stop. I couldn't go there anymore since the baby was getting bigger and I needed to start planning for the baby's arrival. I just thought it was a better decision for me and the baby and I didn't care what the principal thought.

We finally got to figure out the gender and guess what, it's a girl! I didn't really care about the gender though, I just wanted a healthy baby. I was still super excited though and I started purchasing little outfits for her to wear and wanted to start looking for names.

I may have gone a little overboard with the clothes shopping, but who wouldn't? I mean it's my first baby after all. I was super scared about money in the beginning though but Mark has a good job even at just 18 years old and can help me buy things. It may sound like I'm using him for money when you put it that way but I'm not. I truly love him so much and I wouldn't have our lives any other way.

I clicked on a website that read 'Cute Korean baby names for girls' and started looking down the list. I scrolled for a while before finding the name Hwa-Young which means beautiful flower. It was really pretty so I typed it into the notes app on my phone before continuing to scroll through the names on the article.

At the end I found three more names I liked, Nari, Yeong-Ja, and Jang-Mi. I would have to bring them up with Mark later and maybe he would have some ideas of his own.

I also started looking for cribs and other baby necessities like toys and diapers, stuff like that. I found a really cute crib that was oval shaped and had wooden bars. I really liked the minimalist look about it and you could take it apart so it could be right next to your bed so it was more like a bassinet.

I looked at some blankets before deciding to take a break and make myself some lunch. I was craving some bibimbap so I headed to the kitchen to do my work. I started making some rice and cut up the vegetables so they could be put on top. I grabbed the meat from the fridge and started cutting it up into little strips so it could be cooked.

I put a pan on the stove and started to grill the meat after I seasoned it. It started smelling really good. I took out a bowl and put the finished rice in, adding the vegetables and meat on top. In a smaller, separate pan I started cooking a sunny side up egg.

I placed it on top and sprinkled some sesame seeds on it. I grabbed the soy sauce from the fridge and put some in a small dish. I grabbed reusable chopsticks from the kitchen drawer and sat down at the small table which we recently bought.

I dug into my food and I was delighted with the amazing taste. I continued to eat the whole bowl while listening to music at the same time. It was a bit lonely without Mark but that'd be over soon as it was already 2:45 and Mark got home at around 4:00.

This was the thing about "quitting" school, I had almost nothing to do during the day and was extremely bored most of the time, but hey I was pretty bored when I went to school anyway.

I took out the paint by the number I was working on and sat down at the coffee table. The apartment has really come a long way since I moved in in december, it was March now and spring was coming very soon.

I took out my paint brushes and began working on the painting. Doing this really passes the time and makes me focused on what I'm doing. I was doing it for so long I didn't realize Mark came in the door. I only realized when I heard his footsteps on the wood floor.

I looked up and gave him a smile and he bent down to kiss me. He sat down fully next to me and started watching me paint. He gave me soft rubs on my back which I accepted immediately, letting my muscles relax a bit. I put down my paint brush and turned to look at Mark, putting my arms around his neck.