XIII

Today's my big day! I'm 18! You'd think I'd be celebrating with my friends, eating cake and opening presents, but no, I'm in the hospital getting an ultrasound. I am doing the party stuff later though.

The nurse spreads some cold clear gel onto my lower stomach and puts the scanner on. I didn't want to look at the screen but did anyway. There was a blob on the screen. It wasn't a dream, it was real. I was actually pregnant.

"So here we have the fertilized egg, and you seem to be around six weeks pregnant, so very early on." she said and smiled at me before continuing, "You probably experienced some bloating or weight gain or maybe both which is completely normal."

I kept looking at the screen, that was me and Mark's baby, our creation. Why was I a little excited? A soft smile was put on my face as I continued to look at the screen.

"Hey, do you know if you can print these out?"

"Yep! We definitely can." she exclaimed happily.

"Congratulations!" she said and turned off the scanner and wiped the leftover gel of my chubby looking stomach. "I'll get the sonograms for you in a moment."

"Okay thank you." I said and she left the room. I texted Renjun.

You (2:42 PM) : I got an ultrasound... I'm definitely pregnant

It took him a few minutes to respond.

Renjun (2:48 PM) : Congratulations! If you want it :)

You (2:48 PM) : No it's okay the congrats is appreciated.

We talked until the nurse came back with four sonograms of the same picture. I'm assuming that's if I want to give them to any family members or friends. I definitely won't be giving one to my family. Maybe Mark's when I decide to tell him.

"Awesome, thank you so much." I say with a smile that I can't tell if it's fake or not.

After I paid I went back to my car and almost started crying again. I think I'm just still really nervous about this whole thing, but I'm trying my best. I looked back down at the sonogram, I don't think it's truly set in yet, that's my baby or what's going to be my baby.

—------

Tonight I was going to a fancy Italian restaurant with all my friends for my birthday celebration. All of my friends pitched in to pay for it for me and I was super grateful. Italian food is one of my favorites. Pasta *Chefs kiss*. Then afterward we were gonna go to Mark's house to eat cake and do other things.

Right now I am getting ready for the party. I put on a white elegant shirt that had some ruffles at the bottom of the sleeves and some black flared pants, kind of like business pants. I dazzled up the look with some diamond hoop earrings and put on some light blush and mascara. Then paired it with the black bag I bring everywhere with me. I looked amazing in my eyes.

It was currently 6:30 and Mark was picking me up at 6:45. I was super hungry and was kind of in a bad mood but it is what it is. I was gonna try to enjoy my birthday especially since it was one so special.

I stepped into the cold night when I saw headlights shining in the driveway. I walked to the passenger's side of the car and got in.

"Damn, you look fancy." Mark says as if he's not wearing dress pants with a white button up.

"I could say the same for you." I said, raising my eyebrows.

He leans in a bit and I give him a peck on the lips. He started back out of the driveway and we headed to the restaurant.

When we got to the restaurant Jeno, Jaemin and Renjun were there. Renjun made the reservation a few days ago and I didn't realize when he made it that he got a private room for us to eat in. It was beautiful and had black marble floors and a table in the middle of the room with some flowers in the center.