23. Confessions

Blaze's Pov

Its been a few hours since I have heard from either Bailey or Elias. Leah's parents still haven't woken up I guess they couldn't handle the pain.

I was in the living room waiting for the next episode of Stranger Things to air, it was suppose to air in a little bit but as of now it hasn't happened yet.

I looked towards the kitchen and noticed that one of the maids was cooking dinner and I decided to go cook and let her have some rest.

All the maids have been working extra hard these past few weeks and I feel they deserve some time off.

Besides I was bored and I needed something to occupy myself.

I came up with a good idea, maybe this would help me gain Leah's trust, have her open up to me more.

I walk upstairs towards Leah's room and knocked on the door. There was no answer, then I remembered my words from yesterday.

'Don't let anyone in and don't say anything'

Shit, I forgot to inform her that everything was okay now.

"Leah, its me Blaze, everything is okay now. You can open the door." I tell her hoping she would open up.

After a few minutes of waiting the door finally opened revealing a very tired Leah. Her hair was messy and she was rubbing her eyes.

I must say she was kind of cute.

I smiled, and for the first time in a long time it was a genuine smile.

"I need your help with something." I tell her.

She looked at me, I could see the tiredness in her eyes. I hope she's gotten at least a good amount of sleep.

I know that she must be very exhausted considering she practically slept on the ground in her old living situation.

"What do you need?" She asked in a soft voice.

"Making dinner, what do you want to eat?" I asked her.

Her eyes widened, and a bright smile showed up on her face.

Watching her smile made me smile even more, I loved her smile.

"I'm guessing you have an idea in mind?" I asked her.

She nods her head quickly.

"Lets go." I smiled.

I turn around and walk back down the hall and down the stairs with Leah following behind me.

I showed her towards the kitchen and I knew she was amazed. I look at her and I saw her smile as she looked around the kitchen.

"You like?" I asked her.

"I love, we can cook anything? Right?" She asks me.

"Whatever you want." I tell her.

I watched as she stopped to think of what she wanted to make, and as soon as she figured it out I watched as her eyes brightened.

She had a genuine smile, it was a shame she was surrounded by such negative people. Not that I am any better but still.

"Tell me, what do you want to make?" I asked her.

She smirked, "Can we make lasagna? I haven't had that in such a long time." She asks me.

"You don't have to even ask, but before we make it we need to see if we have the ingredients." I tell her.

"Alright, I'll tell you the things we need." She smiles at me.