Not A Visit

i think i've said this before but i am not a lawyer and i do not deal with legal bullshit i am literally a teenaged enby writing my gay little fanfiction for the world to see, so I'm sorry if some legal things seem a bit... either rushed or unrealistic. I got all my information from Google and a friend (who also just asked google) so :))

~*~

"Shin, what do you have to do for work so early in the morning?" You asked him as he was getting ready to leave.

"My manager wanted me to just teach a new hire the basics of the job... I don't have to stay there for long, but I'll be gone for an hour or two."

"Really?"

"No." Shin looked at you. Then away, "Yeah. There's this teenage boy whose first day is today."

"And you don't have to supervise him the entire day?"

Shin paused, "...No. My manager said he would come to supervise him after I was done giving him basic training."

"Oh. Okay."

~ * ~

"Shin, do you want to visit Alice with us?" You asked as you opened the front door for Reko.

He hesitated, "...No. I'm good. I don't really know him... I think it would be better if you two got your alone time with him."

You nodded your head. "Alright, then. We'll be back later. Don't die."

You saw Shin smile at you as you closed the door.

~ * ~

"You're a fucking idiot!" Reko shouted at Alice.

"Man almighty, calm your shit. For the love of Satan."

"What a productive visit, so far." You said to Reko, sarcastically. "You've been yelling at him for five minutes."

"I have so much shit I could say to this dumbass!" She shouted, keeping eye contact with her brother. "You're an idiot. You are dumb. You are dumb. You are dumb."

An officer nearby kept an eye on the people who had been arrested. "No need to be so hard on him." He said. "Don't ever tell my boss I said this, but the guy he killed had it coming, in my honest opinion."

"What makes you say that?" You asked.

"The victim was a man — Sou Hiyori — right?" You nodded your head. Reko continued to berate Alice as the officer spoke. "When looking into some legal stuff between the two parties, I noticed a few things. He had been reported for harassment multiple times in the past, mostly between 2014-2016. Then, silence. There's no evidence of him anywhere up until this year — Which is very suspicious. Almost as if he died and was resurrected. He was reported for harassment a few days ago. I don't know why it wasn't looked into, though."

Shin. "Yeah, I'm not so sure either."

You stared at Reko as she... still... yelled at Alice.

"So, is she gonna stand there and yell at him for eternity, or do you plan on taking him home anytime soon?" The officer asked after a moment.

You thought about his question, then realized what he had asked. "Sorry? Take him home?"

The officer looked weirdly at you. "...Yeah? The bail was paid early this morning... I was under the impression that you two were here to get rid of him." You stared at the officer with your mouth open in shock.

"The bail was paid?" You turned to Reko. "Reko?" She was still yelling at Alice, calling him a pain in the ass. "Reko!" You shouted louder than her. She stopped to look at you with an expression that said, Can't you see I'm busy?