Thank You

"Y/N!" Reko shouted from downstairs. You were up in your bedroom with Shin. It'd been two weeks since Alice had come home, and things were calming down.

You rolled off the bed, hitting the floor with a thud. "Ouch." You said, not moving.

Shin peaked over the edge. "Are you... alright?"

You nodded your head. "I'll be back. Don't die." You left the room and almost fell down the entire fucking staircase.

"You're so slow," Reko said. She was hanging upside down off the couch in the living room.

You sat on the couch opposite her. "I fell out of bed for this. What do you need?"

"He won't hear us down here, right?" She pointed up.

You paused, "Do you mean Shin?" You whispered. Reko nodded her head. "Not unless you plan on fucking yelling. He was on his phone while I came down here."

Reko was silent for a moment. "...Does Shin have a younger sister?"

You stared at her with your mouth slightly agape, "How did you know?"

"Is her name Kanna?"

"Again, I ask, how did you know?"

"Here's the thing, right?"

"I'm listening." You adjusted your position on the couch.

"Nao has a younger sister. Her name is Hinako."

"Hinako Egokoro?"

"Yeah, I guess. But anyway, a few weeks ago — like, a couple of days before the double date — Nao had Hinako over, and she had brought a friend."

"No. You're kidding."

"It was Kanna."

"Oh my god. I didn't know they..." You thought for a moment, "Can I get Nao's number?"

"She's my girlfriend, not yours."

"Literally, shut up."

~ * ~

A week later, you woke up earlier than usual. You got dressed, grabbed something quick to eat, and got in the car. You also woke up Reko to go with you.

The drive wasn't too long, as Nao lived fairly close to where you used to work.

You and Reko walked up to Nao's door and knocked. A moment later, a young girl who looked similar to Nao opened the door. She looked up at you and Reko with an unamused look.

"Nao!" She yelled, walking away but leaving the door wide open. Nao quickly ran into view.

"Oh, yay! You're here. Kanna!" She called. "They're here!"

A small girl peeked out of the door. Looking at her, you could tell she was Shin's little sister. Her hair was more green than teal, but they had the same face. Same eyes, same smile. You were excited for Shin to see her again.

~ * ~

Reko ended up staying at Nao's house because, "Hinako is gonna be leaving soon, anyway." As she said, so you drove Kanna to your house by yourself. She hadn't said anything yet, but she seemed excited. Shin had said before he was worried she wouldn't want to see him again, but she was almost bouncing up and down with anticipation. Nao had said she seemed excited when she talked to her over the phone, as well.

"Does he know I'm coming?" Kanna asked. Her voice was timid.

You hummed, "Not yet. Oh, actually—" You pulled your phone out of your back pocket and handed it to her in the passenger's seat. "Can you call him? Don't say anything, because I still want it to be a surprise, but could you put it on speaker so I can make sure he's awake?" You paused, "...Please." Your therapist had brought up your lack of manners recently.