Part 6

Cecily and Torin started walking towards their parents.

Cecily: "Mom Dad, this is Torin"

Torin: "And my dear parents, please meet Cecily" Both the parents glanced a look at their children and their friend!

Torin: "Sorry aunty and uncle, that day I misbehaved with Cecily. I'm sorry" Cecily's parents who weren't expecting an apology were surprised hearing it. When they saw Cecily, she was smiling and they accepted Torin's apology.

Ariel: "It's okay. Leave it and forget it"

James: "We are actually glad that Cecily has got a friend" He said a bit surprised making Cecily's face flush. Then both the parents exchanged pleasantries.

Josiah: "It's getting late. We should head back now"

Charlotte: "Yes. Young lady, have you planned to stay here with"

Hope: "This is Flossie" She beamed making everyone laugh.

Charlotte: "Ya ya. Flossie. You want to go home or not?" Hope nodded with a sad pout and let Flossie down who ran towards Cecily. She immediately picked her up and patted her back.

Ariel: "Don't worry sweetheart we'll meet next Sunday and you can play with Flossie then. Ok?" She asked caressing Hope's head who in return gave a toothy smile. Everyone started walking with Cecily and Torin trailing at last.

Torin: "So friends?" He asked extending his hand and making Cecily stop in her tracks.

Cecily: "You want to be friends with me?" She asked shocked taking him by surprise.

Torin: "Ofcourse yes. Why? You don't want to be my friend?" He asked with a hurt voice. After a long pause, Cecily spoke in an almost inaudible voice.

Cecily: "Nobody ever wanted to be my friend. Especially after my accident" A lone tear escaped her eyes. Torin looked at her confused for a second and then moved forward and took her hands in his and spoke looking into her eyes, her soul.

Torin: "I don't know about others and I don't care about them too. I just want to be your friend. Will you accept my friendship?"

Cecily: "Yes" She whispered and a huge grin was plastered on his face. He left her hands and took her right one into a firm hand shake making her chuckle.

Hope: "Thor, come let's go" With that the new friends parted apart and went in their ways with a constant smile in their face.

   That night both the parents were talking about their children and about their new 'friend'. Torin's parents felt that Cecily could be the one to pull Torin out of his misery and show him the bright path. While Cecily's parents thought that Torin was indeed a good guy and they also sensed his liking towards their daughter. They were not sure about this right now as they didn't want anything to go bad for their princess AGAIN. One accident had turned their life upside down. So they need to be cautious. But if Cecily was okay with it, then they wouldn't object it.

   Same way, Torin and Cecily were also thinking about each other. While Cecily was happy thinking about her new friendship, Torin was thinking about Cecily's accident. He had a doubt and he needed to clear it. At any cost.

Till next time...