𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

*five years later*

"Pass me the screws, would ya?" A muffled voice calls out from under the tractor. Bucky sighs and drops the screws on the grass, Veda rolls out from underneath the vehicle and pulls a face, "gently" she smiles cheekily. Bucky shakes his head, "I'm going to lock the horses up, I'll be back before sun down" he sighs. She waves him off before sliding back under the tractor, smiling to herself.

~

"You good?" Bucky stands in the doorway, watching as Veda sits on the steps, gazing at the sunset. His now long hair flows in the wind. She nods, "mmhmm, just thinking" she replies. Bucky moves to sit next to her, "about what?" He groans tiredly. She rests her head in his shoulder, "we're lucky" she smiled weakly. Bucky nods, "yeah, we are" he looks down at her. She yawns, "we should be dead" she states. He pulls a face, "that's morbid" he chuckles. She smiles, "but it's true" she shrugs. He nods, "that's in the past, what we have now is all that matters" he wraps an arm around her. She nods, "Sam called" she speaks up.

"He did?" He enquires. She nods, "he's flying out tomorrow, said he's fetching his kids and wife with him too" she smiles. He nods, "well it's a good thing we cleaned the barn out, huh?" He chuckles. Veda smiles, "remember when you used to hate him?" She chuckles. Bucky shrugs, "he's a hard man to like" he smiles. Veda nods, "that was ages ago, like when I was small ages ago..." she scoffs. He chuckles, "you're still small, and always will be..." he nudges her arm. She chuckles as they settle down for the night, watching the sunset on their ranch like they had planned. Texas is treating them well...

*HIIIII! Thanks for reading! This chapter was short, just like the last one. But Veda's story is over, and there's no more words to tell. I hope you enjoyed it, and look out for much more to come! :)*