Year One: Chapter Two

Sorry guys I've just been completely stressed out. I honestly might start combining some of the first-second year chapters so it goes by faster. I was also thinking about rereading Harry Potter in general so idk if that would help with ideas. 

3rd person POV: 

By the time Y/n found herself back to their compartment, both Harry and Ron were dressed in their Hogwarts robes as well.

"What happened to Malfoy after I left?" Y/n questioned, grinning at the memory of Scabber's biting Goyle. 

"They all ran out," Harry exclaimed, "You should've seen the look on Malfoy's face."

"He nearly looked like he was going to explode." Ron burst out, toothy grin adorned on his face. 

Y/n began laughing at that, stretching her legs out in front of her as she sat down. 

Harry was thoroughly happy with his decision, Y/n and Ron both seemed great. He couldn't help the bubble of hope that expanded throughout him that maybe, just maybe they would all want to stay friends. 

 With that a little of his nervousness eased away.

"That fat oaf will have a scar on his finger for the rest of his life," Ron exclaimed as held up Scabbers as if he was a trophy.

"Alright Scabbers," Y/n applauded while patting the fat rat on his head.

'We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes' time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately'

Harry's stomach lurched with nerves, Ron became visibly paler under his freckles, and Y/n began to anxiously pick at her fingernail. They packed their pockets with the remaining candy then joined the crowded hallways of the train. The train eventually stopped and the three friends made their way off of it.

The platform they were now at was dark, but only then did a single light bobble towards them.

"Firs' years! Firs' years over here! All right there, Harry?" Hagrid's booming voice asked.

Y/n and Ron shared a look of disbelief. Y/n had never seen a man so large, he had to be well over ten feet tall. She only had to wonder if this was a common occurrence in the Wizarding World. 

"C'mon, follow me — any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs' years follow me!" Hagrid was still giving out instructions.

The trio followed behind him closely, they twisted and tumbled down a steep, narrow path. Nobody seemed to be in the mood to talk much. Neville, the boy who lost his toad, continued to sniff a couple of times.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," Hagrid called over his shoulder, "jus' round this bend here."

Suddenly there was a loud "Ooooh!" From the crowd. The narrow path they had been following opened up to the edge of a great black lake. Perched on top of a mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky, was a vast castle with many windows and turrets.

"No more'n four to a boat." Hagrid called, gesturing to a fleet of tiny boats, waiting in the water.

Y/n seemed to be lost in a trance as she gazed at the wonderful castle. 

It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, and despite never stepping a foot in the castle, it seemed to beckon her towards it. 

"C'mon, Y/n" Harry called out to get her attention from a boat that held himself, Ron, and Neville.

She quickly joined the rest of the group, bumbling around as she sat down next to Neville.

"Everyone in?" Hagrid called out from a boat that only held himself, "right then, FORWARD!"