Year Two: Chapter Eleven

Harry's POV 

I woke up on Sunday morning to find the dormitory blazing with winter sunlight and my arm reboned very stiff. I sat up quickly and looked over at Colin's bed, but it had been blocked by the high curtain I had changed behind yesterday.

A faint argument caught my attention; Y/n's bed had been surrounded by curtains but I could hear irritated whispering going back in forth.

Before I could check on her, Madam Pomfrey came bustling over with a breakfast tray and then began bending and stretching my arm and fingers. 

"All in order," she said as I clumsily fed myself porridge left handed. "When you've finished eating, you may leave. Or, of course, you could wait for Miss L/n." 

I nodded, "What's she doing in there?" 

"Her mother is talking to her before her meeting with Professor Dumbledore," she said before walking away. 

The whispering didn't last long. Soon enough, the curtain was drawn back and a very tired looking H/c haired woman stepped forward, tutting.

I felt my arm freeze mid-bite, my mouth was wide open. Of course I've seen  Y/n's Mum in a picture before, but in real life she looked unrealistically breathtaking. Behind her, Y/n was sitting cross-legged on her bed. 

"Harry," Y/n exclaimed, her cheeks were flushed and she avoided her mother's gaze. "You're awake!" 

I push my spoon into my mouth and nodded faithfully, feeling a trance-like urge to look back at her mother.

"Hello, you must be Harry, I've heard so much about you," said Y/n's mum, her posture and voice seemed stiffer than my arm. 

"Hullo," I said. 

She didn't seem very excited to see me as she pursed her lips, her face looking almost pained, and turned back to Y/n. 

"I'm leaving now, I need to talk to Dumbeldore," she said curtly. "You stay out of trouble, or I swear I'll send—" 

"I know Mum!" Y/n exclaimed, face scrunching up.

Y/n's mum sighed, "Well, ok then. I'll see you next summer, darling."

And briskly walked out of the infirmary, giving a single wave to Madam Pomfrey.  Y/n hopped off of her bed and tested out her new bones.

"Sorry, she usually isn't that snappish," Y/n awkwardly said. "Guess she's still mad about the flying car and everything."

"S'fine," I said, also awkwardly. "Let me get dressed, then we can go see Ron and Hermione."

I dressed as quickly as I could and hurried off to the Gryffindor Tower with Y/n, desperate to tell Ron and Hermione about Colin and Dobby, but they weren't there.

Y/n and I left to look for them, wondering where they could they could have got to and feeling slightly hurt that they weren't interested in whether my I had my bones back or not. 

"Mum was trying to threaten me by saying she would make me get kicked off the Quidditch team,"  Y/n said weakly. 

"Can she do that?" I said. 

"Dunno," Y/n replied while suddenly becoming interested in the ground. 

We sat in an awkward silence, not quite used to being alone with one another.

"Why do you think Voldemort was after me?" she finally said, she seemed to be in deep thought as she scrunched up her nose and waited for my answer. 

"I have no idea," I said, it didn't make much sense as to why he would be after Y/n.  "Dumbledore definitely knows, you remember what he said when we were in the Hospital Wing last year."