Year One: Chapter Four

I'm hoping the first couple of years don't take long 😭 Something that completely upsets me is the fact that I lost the graveyard scene and the chapters after. It makes me so mad because I put so much effort into and then it really got deleted 💀 

Honestly I'm more or less grateful I got my yearn1-mid year 4 chapters copied by a reader because I don't know what I would've done if I didn't at least have a base. Also It's slightly nostalgic to go back and reread certain chapters from years 3-5 😭😭

Oh god I hope I still have Y/n's prophecy in my notes. 

3rd person POV:

Harry had found out that thinking that Snape didn't like him was wrong — Snape hated Harry.

Snape had started the class by taking roll just as Flitwick did, but once he reached Harry's named he stopped.

"Ah yes," he softly, "Harry Potter. Our new — celebrity."

Draco and his friends, Crabbe and Goyle all sniggered behind their hands. Snape had paused one more time once he reached Y/n's name, he looked up to find her right next to Harry and glared.

Y/n was confused as to what she did, she'd been paying attention, well she thought she had been. But when she thought it over, she realized there had been nothing to be pay attention to.

Once Snape had finished calling roll, he looked up to observe the class. His eyes were black like Hagrid's, but held none of his warmth.

"You are here to learn to the subtle science and exact art of potion making." He began, just above a whisper.

He had the same talent at keeping the class silent without trying, like Mcgonagall.

"As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses...I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death — if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

The silence continued after the speech. Ron and Harry exchange a look. Hermione Granger was on the edge of her seat and desperate to prove she wasn't a dunderhead.

Y/n however was lost in thought of the speech, 'Beauty of the softly simmering cauldron' 'Shimmering fumes' 'Delicate power'? Professor Snape sounded like he was attracted to potions, Y/n thought.

"Potter!" Said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Harry looked over at Y/n and then to Ron for assistance, but they looked just as stumped as Harry; Hermione's hand has shot into the air.

"I don't know, sir," said Harry.

Snape's lips curled into a sneer.

"Tut, tut — fame clearly isn't everything." Said Snape as he ignored Hermione's hand.

"Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

Hermione's hand stretched even farther up into the air, but Harry didn't even know what a bezoar is. He tried to ignore Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle, who were shaking with laughter.

Y/n was avidly glaring at them, as if they would disappear under her gaze.

"I don't know, sir."

"Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potter?"