1

"Riley, are you sure you have everything you need ?" My mom asked from the kitchen as she placed the plates in the sink while my sister and I were putting on our shoes.

"Yes, mom!" I yelled while taking my bag off the floor

"Please drink water, it's really important" my dad said as he came towards us from the living room.

"Also, call us if anything happens. Don't hesitate to tell your sister if you need anything" mom approached us too. I looked at my sister annoyed and she just grinned, mocking me.

"I will. Now, can we go?" I asked as I already put my hand on the door handle. My parents looked at each other with an expression I've seen too many times in the past six months. Concern.

She came to me and took my hand off the metal handle then squeezed it tight.

"I know we've already discussed it, but are you sure?  We could wait a little longer if you need" she looked me in the eyes. I knew they only mean well, but it's overwhelming

"Mom, dad, despite everything that happened, I'm totally fine. I've waited enough. I need to do this. I need to go back to normal" I smiled sincerely and they simply nodded.

Dad gave me and my sister a kiss on the forehead, then he handed her the car keys

"Drive safely" he patted her on the back as we got out the door. We headed to the car and rushed inside. I watched our parents as they were sitting on the porch, looking at us with smiles that were hiding something underneath.

"Ughhh, finally!" I hit the rooftop in excitement as we took a turn.

"Easy sis. You might not even like it. I promise you that school is just as boring as you remember" Ivy said smiling.

"I don't even care as long as I get to do normal things again. You know how important this is to me" I turned towards her

"I know, and I'm glad I can help you through it. I know mom and dad kinda annoyed you with this, but just know that you can ask for my help at any time. I'll always be there for my lil sis" she said as she patted me on my head.

I hit her in the shoulder as a response, but not too hard since she was driving. "I'm just an year younger than you, idiot"

"Call me idiot one more time and I'll pretend I don't know who you are once we get to school" she threatened smirking

"I dare you. I bet you won't resist even an hour. You'll get scared that mom and dad will find out and it will be over with taking the car whenever you want" I stuck out my tongue

"Don't forget I'm driving you around too. Good luck on going to buy ice cream by foot at midnight" she stuck her tongue too, but her attention was still on the road.

If you're confused about what's going on, let me explain as best as I can because I am still confused too.

Six months ago, right after sophomore year was over, a terrible accident happened. I can't tell you what exactly happened because the thing is...I don't remember.

My brain suffered  a concussion that was so powerful, it determined memory loss. Luckily, all I lost was only a determined period of time. About an year of my life to be more specific.

When I woke on a hospital bed that day, I was shocked to find out that I wasn't fifteen, but sixteen and I also got confused when I couldn't remember getting my drivers license.

From that moment, I realised that my life would take a turn and I'll have to suffer for a while. I immediately had to start therapy and get help to gain back my loss.