Chapter 16

Hialeah watched the older werewolf as the pack circled around them. The younger werewolves were clustered together on there own.

"Not gonna arm yourself, little girl?"

She ignored the taunt. He was only an inch taller than her. She just watched him, knees slightly bent, eyes on his. She could feel nervousness rolling off her mate, but her own rage overrode it. The cocky bastard before her, on the other hand, was grinning at her.

He suddenly lunged forward, expecting to cripple her with his knife. She punched his forearm, stunning it. The knife fell to the ground as she swing her other fist at the side of his head. He barely jerked back out of the way.

Hialeah let a grin show on her face as she stalked forward. The bastard swung a fist at her. She accepted the punch and grabbed his arm. With a sharp jerk, she snapped it. He howled in pain, but she didn't release it. Instead, she half-shifted and bit down on it, severing it below the elbow.

As the taste of her prey's blood filled her mouth, his screams filled her ears. She threw away the severed piece and looked down at him. She was now a few inches taller than him, her body covered in fur. She growled low, letting it rumble out through her chest.

His eyes were wide in panic, the wound closing, but still severed. "I yield! I yield!"

Her mate was no longer concerned for her, but instead feeling... respect. She glanced at Gawonii. "The challenge was to kill you," he stated without emotion.

Hialeah grinned to herself, her teeth showing as she turned back to her prey. He died slowly, bludgeoned and slowly dismembered before she finally allowed him the peace of a torn out throat. She stood from his lifeless body and returned to human form. Her body was covered in her prey's blood.

"No one threatens my mate." With that, she went to Logan and draped her bloody body against him with a loving smile. She lifted up on her toes and gave him a quick kiss.

"That was amazing," he praised her with awe in his voice.

"Good thing I like you, huh?"

"Yup."

She could smell the odor of urine from the other fake wolves.