Final Diary

I'm not sure how many people actually took the time to read this diary, but I'm finally ready to talk about Cedric.

Yes, he has passed away. It was actually a very long time ago that this happened, I've just been to sad to address it. I can't say for sure the cause of death though I'm constantly blaming myself. Maybe I was in way over my head thinking I could take care of a bat. Overall it was a wonderful experience though and I'm very glad to have had him in my life, even if it was only for a few months. Even typing this I am pausing every few moments to gather my thoughts. It's very difficult for me to look back and think about Cedric because he was very special to me. One day, I will be able to do more for animals that are in that situation. I would gladly take in another bat if it meant I could extend his/her lifespan just a little longer. I know Cedric would have been much happier in the wild but I thought he could get used to captivity after some time.

He's gone now and it is a huge loss for me. He will be a very important memory for me as I move on in life. I still aspire to be a Veterinarian, though after that experience I've even considered being a wildlife expert of some sort. I'd love to be able to rescue animals from all fields of study but I don't know if I have enough time in my life to become a master in everything. I'll make a decision eventually and when that time comes, I hope I will excel in my field and be able to do something great for animals. For what they've done for me, they deserve the best lives they can possibly have.

Maybe I didn't provide Cedric with the perfect life but it was definitely better than his life sitting on the sidewalk, dying where I could have left him. He will always be important to me and I'm still thinking of him almost every night. He's in a better place now and I will always treasure my memories of him. I will save all of my photos and videos of him as little mementos.

Thank you to those of you who were actually interested in my experience. I will be sad for a while but some day I'll be able to look back and be proud of myself for at least doing this much for Cedric. If I rescue another animal, I'll be sure to share my diaries on this website, and I'll work even harder to create a good life for animals.

Thank you again. Rest in peace Cedric.