2. You'd Deserve It

Dean was clearly annoyed with me for the rest of the evening. He walked me to the door but barely gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking away, which in turn annoyed me. The first work event that was actually fun, didn't end with a make out as icing on the cake. I texted him goodnight before heading into my place and literally jumping out of my skin.

Nate and Wes were standing in the foyer of my apartment, carrying something giant hidden under a sheet. After my heart started calming because I realized it was my cousin's, I got mad. "No! No! No! I told you guys, I don't want it!" I yelled, running up to Wes who was closest to me. I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him back, but Wes is thick with muscle from the military, so he barely budged.

"Hey little cuz." He said, smirking as him and Nate shuffled down my front hall.

I turned a glare on Nate, "Dude! I don't want your creepy sex gift." I snapped, to which he rolled his eyes and stated with his entire chest.

"It's not a sex gift, it's an appreciation gift."

My eyes narrowed and kept narrowing until I couldn't see him anymore. Last year Nate slept with this super eclectic art critique and he loved the night so much he sent Nate this super expensive rendition of Michelangelo's David. Made out of recycled plastic.

It's the worst thing I've ever seen in my life and for the past year Nate's been trying to pass it off to one of us because he hates it too.

"It's appreciation for the one night of orgasmic bliss you gave him. Aka, sex gift." I hissed, following behind them with my eyes closed.

Wes laughed, "Have y'all ever thought it might actually be payback for a horrible night of sex? And he wants this to haunt you like the memory will haunt him forever?"

I still had my eyes closed so one second it was quiet and then there was a big thud, the sound of glass breaking and then a resounding smack. It happened in like four seconds, and when I opened my eyes I saw Nate ducking Wes' slap. But that's not what had me screaming, it was the fact they dropped the dumbass statues onto my coffee table.

My glass coffee table, which was now shattered beneath the monstrosity. "Nathaniel and Wesley! What the fuck!"

Both their heads snapped to the table and, while Nate was distracted by what they'd done, Wes slapped him upside the head. He then smiled at me, "Nate'll replace the table."

I crossed my arms, eyes narrowed, "What about the statue?"

Nate let out a long, forlorn sigh, "I'll take it with me."

I nodded before turning on my heel, "Clean up before you leave."

"Yes ma'am," Wes said loudly before muttering, "Aunt Court always jumps out when she yells."

"I know, it's freaky." Nathan muttered before there was the sound of another smack.

The next morning I woke up to two texts. One good morning beautiful, from Dean and the other from an unknown number. I opened Dean's text to respond, then and saw that there was more to his message.

Dean 💎💕
Good morning beautiful

Lisa Wedge asked for your number, please don't embarrass me.