3. Threesomes

Wednesday came a lot quicker than I was expecting, but before I knew it I was dressed in a silk, Orange long sleeve dress with a diamond showing off the abs I was in fact blessed with. Thanks mama for the genes!

I made it to Scott's rooftop bistro and found Lisa out on the patio perched under an umbrella sipping a Bloody Mary. When she spotted me she hopped up with excitement, "God your sexy!" She grinned, pulling me into a hug.

Once we let go I got to see the white, flared shoulder button down dress she was wearing with black leather heels, the straps wrapping around her ankles. "You look hot as well."

Lisa placed a hand on her chest and grinned before joining me in taking our seats. She let out a big breath, tossing some of her tightly curled brunette hair over her shoulder, the swoop of a bang she had pinned down covering one eye. "You must be wondering why I reached out." She began, putting that question (which hadn't been there) in my mind.

I raised a brow, "Well, I am now."

She nodded, picking up the drink menu and handing it to me. I began checking out the specialty drinks as she spoke, "I wasn't kidding in my text, I love your energy. You seem fun and flirty and so adorable and down for adventure and I am drawn to you." She began, laying compliments on so thick.

I tried to keep my face composed but part of me was wondering, is she about to ask me to have a threesome with her and Dick? I decided on getting the Lavender lemonade, and slowly looked up, waiting for her to continue and prayerful not ask me to do her while she does her husband.

When I met her gaze, the look in her bright brown eyes wasn't predatory or salacious. It was actually concerned, my eyebrows pulled. "You also seem a little lost, and I don't mean to overstep, but I'm worried about you."

I opened my mouth, the realization that she didn't invite me to be her friend hitting my chest hard. I shifted in my seat, "Why would you be worried about me? You don't know me."

She nodded, folding her hands into her lap as she leaned forward a bit. The sun was behind her head and highlighted all the wispy golden hairs around her head. "You remind me of me at your age. How old are you?"

I took in a breath through my nose, kind of ready to leave. "Twenty-six."

Her eyes sparked, "By that age I was on my second marriage." I didn't mean to look as shocked as I know I did, "Yes, I know." She chuckled, "A lot of people call me fast and considering Dick is my third husband, they may be right." She shrugged, not seeming to care either way.

"What does that have to do with me?" I wanted to know, my intrigue about the enigma that was Lisa overriding my annoyance.

Lisa smiled softly and it reminded me of Aunt Nae, and suddenly, my guard crumbled. Aunt Nae's love life, while still partly a mystery to me, is one mom warned us about. She essentially said listen to her and we won't end up bamboozled by a Swindlemeyer like Aunt Nae. I never understood the reference until after my first engagement.

"Dean's a handsome guy, he's charismatic and I can tell he cares about you."

I spoke too soon, my guard snapped right back up.

Lisa chuckled, "I'm not saying break up with him. No, I just wanted to know what you had that's just for you. My second husband was a businessman/tycoon type and he was always whisking me off to different countries and events and gatherings. My schedule was full of him, and it stayed full of him for ten years until he got bored and dumped me." She paused, looking off into the distance. "It was then that I realized I lost ten years of my life following this man around like a puppy dog and it left me with literally nothing."