The Calm Before the Party

"Dalia" I hear Kay scream from the other side of the apartment "Did you find the SD card? I can't find it anywhere" I'm looking thru the kitchen cause at this point that little thing can be anywhere. Mostly because we must carry a couple and we get them messed up from time to time. I open one of the kitchen drawers "There it is" I whisper to myself before making my way to Kay's room.

"Got it!" I say smiling as I pushed the door just to see upside down Kay hanging from one side of the bed. "I don't think doing yoga right now is very helpful to the cause" I laugh at the image and sit beside her. I hand her the SD card and she kisses me on the cheek. "Bless you woman, you just saved us a world of pain, and by that, I mean having to hear Finn say once again how we can't handle anything" I laugh, this girl really has a cross over poor Finn's face. "You really don't like him huh?" I ask and she gets up to store the SD card in her backpack. "No, I don't hate him, I'm just not particularly fond of people who nit-pick every single thing I do. Like come on, unclench a bit and breathe my good dude"

No way this girl is actually saying this, I laugh out loud before grabbing some HDMI cables, that we need for our next shoot. "Honestly you're one to talk Kay. The semester hasn't even started, and you already have everything planned out and are NOW dragging ME to get some footage for a segment that doesn't even have to be done in 3 weeks. If you ask me, you have more in common with Finn than you think" she brings her hand to her chest and gasps, and I roll my eyes. "How could you even compare us? With thy mortal enemy?!" "I thought you said you didn't even hate him" I eye her down, this girl hates a person that it's basically a copy of her. "I know but let a girl have a little flair she says, and I roll my eyes again, smiling.

"Whatever drama queen, now hurry up, remember we promised the boys we wouldn't be late this time, so we have to get this done soon." "shoot you're right I really don't want another mini-lecture from Dereck of how important it is to be punctual and blah blah blah" I laugh remembering all of the times this has happened to us "Spot on impression, or have Diego standing next to him arms crossed and head nodding like yeah, that's my boy," I say trying to imitate his voice and his pose in a failed attempt to look like him. I love my man to pieces but sometimes I swear he and Dereck share a brain. Is kind of scary.

"Dang we really have perfected our boyfriend's impressions, haven't we" she laughs "Well if after 8 months we haven't gotten it down then there is something deeply wrong" I explain to her while grabbing some camera bags and heading out of the apartment.

(...)

"And Cut!" I yell after finishing the take, I don't say this often, but it was perfect and in one take. Which is almost a miracle. "That's a wrap folks" I dismiss everyone and walk straight up to the tripod; I fold it in and head over to Kay. Halfway there I see Nate, (Finn's right hand in the journalism club) try to grab the tripod from me, and I deny his help. I didn't make all those arm exercises with 5-pound dumbbells for him to take it from me. I see Finn grab some papers beside Kay before heading out not without giving her the look. He has always looked at her in a way that you don't know if he's burning for her or burning in hatred. So, I call it The look

"You are really clueless huh?" "What?" I ask trying to keep my balance and the tripod steady. Kay helps me set it down so we can start storing it. "Hey, by the way, can you pull up the footage really quick? I want to confirm we got the last shot because if I don't it'll bother me all night." The scene was perfect, but I just want to ensure its technical side matches the energy. I check my phone to see a message from the king of Rome, just kidding, a message from Diego.

Almost there babe, we are going to meet you girls at the studio.

"Sure, but make it quick because we're already running late," Kay says before putting the SD card on the computer. "Oh, don't worry, Diego texted me that they would meet up with us here, actually they should be arriving any minute now" she looks around and we are the only ones left. "Here?" "Yeah, why?" I answer kind of confused looking at the computer screen. "No, nothing it's just they never come to the studio" I stop for a second to think. That's true, I mean they barely come with us to anything that doesn't have to do with their stupid little fraternity. I slide to the floor sitting beside Kay and I pass her a water bottle. "It's just, haven't you noticed that they never really seem interested in what we do?"