Epilogue of Vegas: Lingering Scent of Yours

⚙️⚙️⚙️

I've made mistakes in my life, it's true. I have chosen wrong roads, I was getting lost, sometimes I've done stupid things, but I was always able to take a step back, look at everything realistically and slowly get on track. Maybe there were times when it took me longer, but I never went blindly ahead, ignoring the warnings around me.

When I met Pete, my world changed completely. I began to take care not only of myself, but also of him, and I understood that happiness can be found in another person if this person can only reach your heart. I fell in love against all odds, knowing how much this relationship would cost us, but every night I looked into his sleepy, lazy eyes, I felt slender hands wandering around my body, kisses on still hot skin, and I knew that nothing else mattered, only we, together, connected by something more than destiny.

It was not easy to win his heart, he closed it tightly from me, but I was so stubborn that despite many rejections I did not give up. For the first time in my life, I really wanted something and couldn't let it slip out of my hands. So why now, after more than two years of happiness, was I sitting in a car with an almost stranger who had only a bond with me, not chosen by a free will, but imposed on me by fate?

Where did this strong Vegas go? The one who promised Pete that he would never hurt him, that he would never make him cry? Day after day, I made more mistakes, walked the path that led me to the loss of the love of my life, and I did not turn back. I was stubborn and so focused on the goal that I forgot who I was doing it all for. I wanted stability for Pete, for Macau, for our little family, but where was my family in all this now? Left on the sidewalk, terrified of my anger, crying. I failed them and myself completely. Maybe what my father once told me was true? Maybe I wasn't brave enough to really fight for what was important to me? Maybe I was just a coward.

The car stopped in front of the entrance to the hospital. Porsche was still unconscious, with a faint smell of fear and danger coming from his body, but I only looked straight ahead, at people entering and leaving the building. My fingers stuck hard into the steering wheel when I tried to take control, but it was becoming more and more difficult for me. I had crossed a line I promised myself never to cross, and now I was facing consequences more terrible than anything I could have imagined.

"Vegas?" Porsche whisper reached my mind with difficulty, waking me up from the trance I had fallen into. "What's going on? Where am I? Where is Pete?"

I still hadn't turned my face to him, but I felt one disobedient tear slip away from the corner of my eye, which I couldn't wipe, while still holding the steering wheel tightly. I had no more strength, no hope, nothing to pull me out of this misery. My stupidity took away from me what I loved, leaving with nothing, just like when the day my mother died. I cried, clenching eyes firmly, not wanting to show weakness to anyone, especially to him, but the body itself trembled, unable to hide the suffering.

"Vegas? Damn it, answer me!" begged an upset Porsche. "Pete was so mad, he ignored me and I just..."

I felt Omega's hand on my pale cheek as he gently turned my face towards him. Surprised, I blinked, looking at his bloodied lips, at the redness under forehead, then at the sad, grief-filled expression filling round eyes.

"Everything will be fine, you will see," he promised, patting me on the shoulder with comfort. "Just talk with him,"

"Porsche Pachara Kittisawasd," I whispered, and when he looked up, gazing questioningly, I simply added. "I reject you, you are no longer my Omega. I, Vegas Theerapanyakul officially cut our bond," my words brought shock to his face, which slowly turned into pain.