Prologue of Pete: Lingering Scent of Yours

𝄞𝄞𝄞

The only thing I've always wanted in life is to be with someone who would love me no matter what.

When I was born, I lost my parents. Then in my teenage years my grandmother died and soon I was left completely alone. Although I was surrounded by supportive colleagues, no one from the group I could call a real friend. Socially awkward introvert was not the best companion, especially when he preferred to spend time in warmth of home, writing lyrics to all those sad songs, he composed. I guess that was the reason for people to not approach me.

Going through those years without anyone, sleeping in an empty bed, eating meals alone, I knew that what I really wanted deep down was someone who would love me. Just this, nothing more. Maybe that's why when I was going to the examination that was supposed to define my second gender, I dreamed of hearing that Omega's blood was flowing in me. I could then breathe with peace, knowing that somewhere in the world there is this one person only for me, someone who will surround me with love and make me stop feeling so lonely inside.

But life can be a cruel joke and despite my pleas and prayers, it turned out that I was merely Beta. An ordinary person who is in no way connected to another person and I must admit, I received this information harshly. Wanting something so strongly and later hear, it will never be possible can break a person but I couldn't just give up. If I can't have my own Alpha, I will find Beta, who will cherish and love only me. I thought, until I met him.

I still wanted a family, I wanted to feel that if I bonded with someone, nothing would be able to separate us, and the bond that is between Alpha and his Omega was the most beautiful example of such feelings. Watching all those couples, happy, together in good or worse, why I couldn't have the same? Maybe that's why I fell in love with him, because deep down I still tried to get my destined one? But he was so charming, so alluring. Man who happened to be everything I have ever wanted. Why he had a soul of Alpha? 

We met by chance in the park. I sat on an empty bench, singing quietly the song I had written for class, when a well-built brunet sat next to me, looking at my direction with a soft, lazy smile. I blushed under his investigative gaze, quickly going quiet, and he frowned gently and twisted his head, looking sideways at me.

"Don't stop, keep singing," he asked, only making my heart beat faster. "I liked what you were humming."

"It's nothing, really," I began, stuttering, confused by this person, and he, I think not understanding my confusion, became sad.

"I didn't want to offend you," he said, bowing his head and getting up from the bench, but I grabbed his hand, not wanting him to feel rejected by my shyness.

"It's not like that, I mean, I'm sorry," I choked out, letting go of his warm fingers, from which a nice shiver passed towards me. "I was embarrassed, that's it. I'm glad you like it."

"Vegas," he murmured, this time throwing me a confident smile.

"Sorry?"

"My name," he pointed at himself. "Vegas."

"Oh yes, of course, I'm Pete," I reached out to him, but feeling that my hand was sweaty because of nerves, I wiped it quickly against trousers, just to hand it towards him again, with apologetic smile. "I'm glad I was able to meet you, Vegas."

"My pleasure" he whispered and when my heart started to beat like crazy I knew, I screwed up.

𝄞𝄞𝄞

I was lying in bed alone, Vegas must have already gone to class. I stretched hands, feeling the muscles begin to work slowly, and turned tired face, pressing it into his pillow. I inhaled a familiar, masculine scent that always calmed and excited me and wondered what Vegas pheromones smelled like. As a Beta, I couldn't feel them at all, such privilege has been created only for Alphas and Omegas, but I wanted to immerse myself in Vegas's scent until I started to smell like him myself. 

What would it be like, let him take over me, feel his teeth against my shivering and awaiting body, knowing that one bite binds us for the rest of our lives and nothing will be able to break such bond? Would Vegas mark me immediately, not being able to control his urges or would he wait like a gentleman, wanting my full consent? And what would I do? It hurt me that I will never know, especially when all I wanted was to be sure that we belonged only to each other. Me and him, united by destiny.

Sad from my latest thoughts I've managed to wash myself and sit down on the couch, ignoring sucking in my belly, as my mood needed relief more than my body needed food. I had to start writing, even if I was to die of hunger afterwards. So I grabbed my black guitar and, playing a few familiar chords, started humming under my breath the lyrics that came up in my head as soon as I thought about Vegas.

If I Could Now Change My Whole Life
Would I Do It For You
To Find
The Only Place I Could Call Home
My Own, My Own

While singing I remembered our first date, for which Vegas had specially prepared a meal, and although he could not cook, he had been preparing with a real chef for a month to be able to make something just for me. I wasn't sure if I should agree to the meeting, after all, he was Alpha and I was only Beta, but something fascinated me about this man to such an extent that the very possibility of losing contact with him kept me awake at nights. His gaze always evoked a strange warmth inside me, which dissolved all over my body, and our first kiss, quite awkward on both sides, left a invisible mark that I could not erase afterwards, and then I understood.

It's love. I felt in love with Alpha. I felt in love with someone, whose destined partner is existing on this earth. I betrayed myself and opened my weak heart for possible pain, but loving him was so good, so perfectly fitting. His strong arms around my waist looked like they should be there to the end of the world, so why I needed to stop those feelings? Vegas also said he loves me, doesn't this prove, that heart wants what it wants? I hoped, because if I would lose Vegas now, I don't think I would be able to survive alone. Not after his warmth tattooed itself on my body.

If You Could See Me as Love, Darling
The One Which Is Filling
Your Heart
Would You Call Me Your Home
Your Own, Your Own

𝄞𝄞𝄞

𝄞 If you read my ffs and think "well, this was good, let me buy her coffee or donut or just something small and sweet then now you can but DO NOT feel force to support me like this! I will still add chapters normally! If you wish to support me:

https://ko-fi.com/writemeyuna

This is first story ever, which I wrote for VegasPete and it's finished (well first book is finished, but I wanted to make second one). I will add chapters every few days, hope you will enjoy it. It's angst, so be prepared to not like Vegas here. Sorry!

I can't write songs, so don't expect something amazing from me!