001

6 MONTHS LATER

6 MONTHS LATER

Cheryl was sitting in the living room, with a math worksheet, she sighed wearily.

She turned to see the TV on, they were broadcasting the STARK EXPO in New York.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance, she was supposed to go, but apparently her teacher had to go on vacation in a few days, so they moved up her classes.

It's not fair that this old man can have fun and I cannot.

"This is so stupid."

"No, it's not." The man answered without looking at her, focusing his eyes on his book.

"Of course it is, I already know about this stuff."

"Yeah, but you have to review for your exam, to move up a grade. It doesn't matter that your smart, you need to pass the exam." He goes back to look at her. "Just finish up and you can go."

Cheryl returned her gaze to the paper and quickly began writing numbers, no need for her calculator.

Professor Williams laughed, she'd get them wrong if she did them randomly, and she'd have to do them all over again.

Cheryl handed him her sheet and he took it with a wry smile, but it quickly fell when he saw that she got it right.

"You know; I don't like you very much." Cheryl folded her arms.

"Trust me, the feeling is mutual."

She went to her bedroom to change her clothes and then to the small gym in the house, took her iPod and put it on play.

She put on her lilac headphones and started jumping rope.

Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time

I feel alive

And the world I'll turn it inside out, yeah

I'm floating around in ecstasy

So, (don't stop me now)

(Don't stop me)

'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time

Don't Stop Me Now by Queen was playing.

She had started training a few months ago, if she wanted to save people like Tony she had to be in shape.

After several minutes on it, she let go of the rope. She stood in front of the white wall, covered with black lines, and picked up the marker that was fixed with a magnet.

She closed her eyes and let the energy flow out of her body, when she felt it under her feet, she opened her eyes happily and took the marker and painted a new line, this one was now the highest, surpassing the last one by at least two inches.