002

MALIBU, CALIFORNIA

"Wake up, Daddy's home." The workshop came to live with blue holograms in the air. Tony's technology was simply amazing.

Cheryl was lying on a couch reading a fantasy book.

Edward Cullen is so handsome.

Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash was heard in the place.

"Welcome home, sir and miss. Congratulations on the opening ceremonies. They were such a success, as was your Senate hearing. And may I say how refreshing it is to finally see you in a video with your clothing on, sir." Jarvis the AI, jokes. "And congratulations, Miss, for your outstanding argument."

One of the robots is trying to make a smoothie. Without a blender lid.

"Dummy!" Tony shouts.

Dummy knocks over the blender. Well, he tried.

"I swear to God I'll dismantle you. I'll soak your motherboard. I'll turn you into a wine rack."

Dummy looks down, sad.

"Hey, that's was rude! Don't listening to him Dummy!" Cheryl puts her book down.

"How many ounces a day of this gobbledegook am I supposed to drink?"

"We are up to 80 ounces a day to counteract the symptoms, sir."

Cheryl stood next to Tony, watching him downs green liquid. She picked up a small silver device.

"Check palladium levels, now." She slid the device onto the table.

"Blood toxicity, 24%. It appears that the continued use of the Iron Man suit is accelerating your condition. Another core has been depleted." Jarvis informed.

Tony takes the Arc Reactor out of chest. The core pops out, rusted and slightly smoking.

"God, they're running out quick." Cheryl watch in concern.

"I have run simulations on every known element, and none can serve as a viable replacement for the palladium core."

Tony inputs a new core. It's silver, giving a judgment of just how badly damaged the other one was. Replaces Arc Reactor in chest.

"You are running out of both time and options. Unfortunately, the device that's keeping you alive is also killing you."

The image of Tony's chest it's on the computer screen. There's blue lines all around the Arc Reactor and on his actual chest.

Cheryl looked down worriedly as Tony lowers his shirt.

I can't lose him. His all I have.

"Hey." Tony hugged her sideways "You don't have to be sad, everything is going to be okay. We'll find a solution, we're too smart." He tried to cheer her up.

"Promise?" Her purple eyes were starting to look irritated by the tears she wouldn't let fall. "Don't lie, I hate lies."

"I promise and of course I remember not to lie to you, I remember that time you threw me over the wall with your heroine powers, just because I lied to you about going to the dentist."

They both laughed remembering.

"Miss Potts is approaching. I recommend that you inform her..."

"Mute." Tony cut Jarvis.

The computers switched to screen saver, Pepper inputs a code and opens the door.

"Is this a joke? What are you thinking?"