Forming the Team

Emma's POV:

Wade grabs the man's gun, cranks it to eight, and blasts him into the next room.

Me: "That's got some zip."

Wade and I walk up to the man as he rises to stand.

Wade: "Don't feel bad. Even I can't kill me."

Me: "What kind of spineless shit-stick tries to kill a 14-year-old boy? You might wanna start talking, 'cause we got a long history of firing at times like this."

Cable: "The name's Cable. I'm from the future. Just walk away."

Wade: "So, you're from the future. I have three questions then. One, is dubstep still a thing? Two, which Sharknado are we on? Three, at what point do readers say 'Enough with the robotic arms'?"

Cable grabs his gun and shoots the ceiling, but we take him on until he aims it at Wade's head to get me to back off.

Cable: "Dubstep's for pussies."

Wade: "You're so dark. Are you sure you're not from the DC universe?"

I tilt the gun towards the sky, and Wade gets out of Cable's grip. Cable retaliates by turning Wade around and punching him in the back with the robot arm. Cable picks Wade back up and holds him up to eye-level.

Cable: "I get her, but why are you protecting the kid?"

Wade: "I don't give a fuck about him, and his 'Are You My Mother' complex."

We turn to the side to see Russell running off. I hold up a grenade, and Cable shields himself while Wade and I fall down the mountain from the impact. I stop short of the ice, but Wade falls through with a loud crack. After a few minutes, he resurfaces and pulls me close for warmth. I spark a gentle flame to surround us, and we stay there for a minute to catch our breath.

{Time skip}

Once we got home, Wade had Al take me to an emergency doctor's appointment. Afterward, she drives me to Sister Margaret's to meet with Wade, Weasel, and Dopinder. Wade rushes to me in his Deadpool suit, places his hands on my shoulders, and looks me in the eye to make sure I tell the truth.

Wade: "Well?"

Me: "I got the collar off before anything got worse. A few bruises here and there, but we're both fine."

Wade pulls me into a hug out of relief.

Me: "What's the plan?"

Wade: "We're gonna make our own team, save Russell, and stop Cable. Auditions are about to start."

Wade leads me to a room in the back and sits between Weasel and me.

Weasel: "Meet Bedlam."

Me: "Cool name. Superpowers?"

Bedlam: "I can distort electrical fields."

Bedlam waves his fingers, and the lights flicker on and off as I suddenly feel a migraine coming on.

Bedlam: "Including the one inside your brain causing anxiety, confusion, pain."

Wade: "So basically you're Dave Matthews. We can use him."

Next up-

Zeitgeist: "I'm Zeitgeist."