X-Force

Emma's POV:

Now that the team's ready, it's time to plan our raid of the Ice Box's convoy so we can save Russell.

Me: "You all know the plan. Intercept the convoy, grab the boy. But not inappropriately!"

Wade: "He has an ass pen. He'll stab you with it. Watch out for Cable. He's very short. 5'11. Not like in the comics. And if we succeed, we all go home early."

We board the helicopter and apply parachutes to our backs to prepare for the inevitable jump we must make.

Pilot: "A little turbulent up here."

Peter: "I don't know much about this Cable fella, but I guarantee he hasn't killed as many people as melanoma has."

I roll my eyes as I catch Domino staring at me.

Domino: "So, Phoenix, what are your powers?"

Me: "Pyrokinesis, superhuman flexibility, healing factor, and the protection of being pregnant with our leader's kid."

Domino: "Nice. So, what does he look like under that mask? Is he cute?"

Me: "I married him, didn't I?"

Domino chuckles as the co-pilot speaks up.

Co-Pilot: "We're getting close."

Wade holds out his hand for me to take as I stand beside him.

Wade: "As former X-Men."

Bedlam: "Trainees."

Me: *sarcastically* "Thank you, Bedlam."

Wade: "We were always appalled by the blatant sexism in the group's name. X-Men? Men? The point is, our group will be forward thinking.Gender neutral. From now on, we'll be know as-"

Wade crosses his arms across his chest to form an 'X'.

Wade: "X-Force."

Domino: "Isn't that a little derivative?"

Wade: "I don't recall asking your opinion, Peter."

Peter: "That wasn't me."

Wade: "Hang the laundry out at 1,300 feet, intercept the convoy, and grab the boy."

Zeitgeist: "Let's bring on the carnage, baby!"

Bedlam: "Get me on the ground, watch me go!"

The team cheers until Wade regains their attention.

Wade: "I just wanna say how proud we are of this team."

Me: "Yeah, you guys look amazing!"

Wade: "Vanisher, we have no doubt you look amazing, too. Aside from the one we've already started, this is the family we've always dreamed of having."

Peter: "I hate to interrupt, but is anybody nervous about the high winds?"

Me: "Peter, I realize that you're new to this, but relax. You're in good hands."

Peter: "I'd like to go home."

Wade leans over to get in Peter's face.

Wade: "And I'd like the McRib to be available year round, but sometimes dreams don't come true. I spent 10 years in Special Forces. You think we didn't jump out of the plane because of a light breeze? You're in this shit now, Mustache!"