Birthday Girl ~ Part 4

RAUL POV

"Hey, man. Where's my change?" I laugh, knowing already how they would keep it. It's not like I need it much, but it's fun making them nervous and hearing what their excuses would be. In between me and Dario sits Gerry, who is leaning back on his hands.

Dario struggles to come up with something through a mouthful of chips, which he had bought with my money. "Uh, the prices went up."

"Mhm." I smirk, chuckling to myself. Distracted, my mind flashes back to my earlier encounter with that guy called Javier, the way everyone drooled over him at the mention of Damian, his dad. Where is he, I wonder? Searching the courtyard, I cant catch a glimpse of him, and he is quite tall so he would be sure to stand out. He doesn't have any friends yet either, so he would most likely be alone if not escorted by soccer fans.

Behind Natalia, Rosita is making her way towards us, a girl with a unique sense of style and dark pink hair, much to Nat's disliking.

"Wait, wait! What's up with Rosita? She's coming over. Is she sitting with us?" Natalia rambles frantically. It is widely known that Natalia and Rosita are enemies - their feud began competing to organise the NONA.

"Hello." Rosita smiles at Gerry, who reaches out for her waist and pulls her onto his lap, his hand knocking over Dario's energy drink in the process. Gerry and Rosita engage in a heated make-out session in front of everyone, while Natalia begs them to stop. I am forced to look down at the vape I'm fiddling around with in my hands.

"Gerardo. Gerardo, stop it, please! Gerardo! If you're gonna do that, can you please find somewhere else to do it?" Natalia squeaks in annoyance, making Rosita finally pull away from him, her thin arms wrapped around his neck, her fingers playing with the chain of his dog tags.

"Natalia, come on." I sigh. I'm not really in the mood for this right now.

"Hey, don't be so jealous." Rosita mocks, infuriating Nat even more. She gets the nasty look in her eye, signalling she is going to lash out at Rosita, showing her who the better one here is.

"Sorry, Rosita. It's not personal. But if they see you, everybody will think anybody can sit here, and that's not true." Nat retorts intimidatingly and Rosita rolls her eyes, and gets off Gerry's, frustrated.

"Girl, whatever."

"Yeah, whatever." Nat says triumphantly. "Bye Rosita."

"Hey, Natalia, come on." I plead. I don't feel up to breaking up a cat fight, but luckily Rosita is smart enough to back down and walk away, however not before reaching over and pulling Nat's purse off of the bench. The rest of the group gape at Rosita and Gerry smiles proudly at his girlfriend.

"Whoops!" she says, strutting away from us. Fury flames in Natalia's eyes as she calls down to her,

"Hey idiot! You know how much this costs?" She bends forwards to retrieve her fallen purse, flattening out her hair when she straightens back up, placing the cream-coloured purse beside my feet.

"Are you jealous or what?" Dario perks up, grinning, and Natalia shoots him daggers.

Maria, who was so I quiet I forgot she was sat beside Nat, sighs, "Come on. Leave her alone, please. Poor Rosita."

"Come on, poor Rosita. She should just learn her place." Nat retorts and I roll my eyes. Something catches my eye and I glance upwards, and I see Sofia standing on top of the roof, arms crossed, looking down at me. She meets my gaze, and we stare into each other's eyes dreamily for a moment, before another figure catches my attention.

I find myself not surprised to see Javier looking her up and down. I have to re-tell myself to calm down, as a familiar emotion seeths inside my chest. Me and Sofia haven't even kissed yet, although we have become close to, and yet I'm feeling hurt like a jealous boyfriend.