Victims ~ Part 3

NATALIA POV

"Can you explain to me why many of your fellow committee members are saying, or rather, ensuring, that money is missing from the National Night account? Where is it? What happened?" Quintanilla circles something on the bank statement in front of him with his pen, taking off his ridiculous red glasses.

I spew the well rehearsed lie.

"The thing is, I moved it to another account that paid a higher interest rate so I could raise more money for the poor Mazahuas."

"For whom?" This confuses him, just like I expected it to.

"The poor Mazahuas." I say as if he should know what I'm talking about.

He quickly catches on, squinting his eyes at me accusingly. "Right, the Mazahuas."

"Mhmm." My breath quickens but I get it under control quickly.

"Good. So you can put the money back at any time?"

I force a smile and nod my head.

"Yeah."

"Perfect." he exhales.

"Yeah, of course. I promised an amazing NONA, and it'll happen. It's just that all the transfers take a while. No worries."

"Ah." he sighs. Shit. I think I've lost him again. "All right. Well, the thing is, your classmates are very upset right now. And as the principal, I need to make a decision."

Oh crap.

"And my decision is that I don't want you to be the President of the Committee anymore."

What? How could he? I give him the most innocent expression I can muster.

"And I've suggested Rosa to take your place. Rosita, your friend."

That bitch is not my friend.

"She's not my friend." I sit on the edge of the seat, thoughts flying through my head to try and come up with some sort of persuasion, but leaving me blank.

"Well, her. And Natalia, I need you to bring the money back as soon as possible if you don't want me to take this further."

I'll have to play my last card.

Guilt trip.

"Its not fair. But you wanna know what hurts me even more? Of all people, you don't trust me."

I stand, scoffing, turning on my heel and walking out the door.

"Natalia!" he calls, but I ignore him, snatching my purse from beside Raul on my way down the steep stairs.

And again I catch him staring at Sofia.

_____________________________________________________________________________

ROSITA POV

Smiling smugly, I tap on my phone to open the banking app for the NONA.

Double checking, the money that was there just a week ago has mysteriously disappeared, just like the video had shown.

"Rosita!" the familiar high pitched voice sounds from behind me and I grin.

Ah, now the bitch wants to play nice. What was that about not being seen with just anyone?

"Hey, Rosita. How are you?" Natalia flies to my side, catching her breath quietly.

I hate the way she dresses - her light yellow cardigan complimenting her blond hair and the soft white shirt dotted with small roses posses her as innocent, even though she is the exact opposite.