♔ CHAPTER 19 . . .

"I swear, Kim fucking Jongin, if you don't look at me right now I am going to throw this book to you." Kyungsoo warned as he sat next to Jongin, who in turn, plugged his earphones and turned the volume a little to loud. Kyungsoo entered their classroom and happily jumped his way towards Jongin, but the latter ignored him. Jongin kept a straight face, no emotion, no life at all.

"Yah. Chanyeol! What's with your friend?" Jongin heard Kyungsoo called his giant friend. Chanyeol moved nearer to them and sat on the chair on Jongin's left. Now, he's being annoyed at both sides.

"I know Jongin's weakness." Chanyeol said with an evil smile. Kyungsoo smiled grimly as well. And the both of them started tickling Jongin's underarms. Jongin fighted the laugh threatening to burst from his mouth. If he laughed, the facade he's building up will crumble. He must not lose this.

Jongin threw his arms and stood up. He picked up his bag, slung it over his shoulders, and stormed out of the room.

"Mr. Kim Jongin, where do you think you're going?" their English teacher asked when he almost bumped into the tall figure of Jongin. He didn't answered, he didn't even paid a single attention to their teacher and instead continued on his way.

* * * * *

The bell rang a couple of minutes ago. Jongin took a deep breath and anticipated the large crowd of students making their way in the cafeteria. He had been staying there since first period. A couple of empty plastics of biscuits and a box of orange juice littered his table. His eyes lingered on the double doors of the cafeteria, his heart pounding under his uniform.

And the students burst in. Jongin took another deep breath and adjusted his sitting position. Any moment now, Kyungsoo will be here, in the same table, nagging him to talk to him, and he will still maintain his cold facade. And there he is. Kyungsoo, accompanied with Chanyeol and his boyfriend, entered the cafeteria. Jongin watched as Kyungsoo craned his neck to see through the students who are taller than him. Jongin almost laughed. And Kyungsoo's big eyes spotted him, Jongin immediately faced away.

"Hi, Jongin," Chanyeol greeted, sitting across him, and his boyfriend occupying the seat beside his giant boyfriend. "You've met Baekhyun."

"Hi!" Baekhyun smiled and waved his hand.

"Yah, Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo sat beside him and started nudging him. Jongin glared at him but didn't answered. "What the heck, Kim Jongin, how dare you!"

"I'm just going to get lunch." Jongin said, standing up, and he tried pushing Kyungsoo out of his way.

Kyungsoo grabbed his wrist and dragged him back to his seat. Jongin, shocked byu Kyungsoo's strength, dropped to his seat with a loud thud. "No way. You're staying here. Chanyeol, you get lunch."

Chanyeol must have seen the fire in Kyungsoo's eyes because he immediately shot up and made his way to the line. Baekhyung laughed and followed his boyfriend. Kyungsoo, hand still on Jongin's wrist, faced Jongin, who was looking at anywhere but Kyungsoo.

"Jongin, look at me." Jongin didn't bulged. "Kim Jongin, look at me!"

Jongin turned quickly. The moment his eyes met Kyungsoo's serious stare, he started to sweat profusely. Kyungsoo inched closer, and Jongin backed a bit. Kyungsoo inched closer again, and when Jongin tried to back out Kyungsoo's grip on his wrist tightened. They are so close to each other now that Jongin could feel Kyungsoo's warm breath against his skin. The familiar pounding of his chest came back.