Collapse - all

This is inspired by NoisePrince in ao3, I was reading their story at 1am and sparked with idea finally after ages.

TW: heavy angst, hospitals, injuries, overall very sad but happy ending

"Pensavi che fossi morto e poi sono rinato.."
"You thought I was dead and then I was reborn.."

***

  Ethan hit the cymbal in the order to finish the song they were rehearsing and other instruments died off.
  "That was good one!" Damiano announced and turned away from the mic to face the band.

Their own studio was under emergency renovation which definitely didn't suit their schedule, so they had to find even briefly manageable place to practice on.

The place they used couldn't be called anything more than briefly manageable, it was old, two-stored house that had been deserted for ages but they were promised perfect safety in there.

"One more?" Damiano suggested, quietly reaching for his jacket, the house was cold compared to their own modern studio.

"In nome del padre?" Thomas said and got everyone's agreement. Whole band wanted to get away from the house before whole thing would collapse on their feet.

Victoria stomped her foot on the ground angrily.
"Why can't we have our own studio in the most important time of our playing" she hissed and tuned her bass to right level.

"We'll get out of here in no time, we'll need to find better place in long-term" Ethan spoke behind his drumkit before giving the beat for others to start.

  Damiano was moments away from finishing the song, his mind clouded with thoughts of getting to warm shower and back to modern environment.

  "Per quello che ho vissuto, il tempo che ho buttato. Pensavi che fossi morto e po-" Ethan's shout echoed over the playing and Damiano turned at him, ready to point out he was off-beat.

But Ethan wasn't playing anymore. It took moments from Damiano to compensate that none of them played anymore, but the pounding noise kept on. His mind was blurry in realization as Ethan's shout finally reached him.

  "GET OUT! Get out the house is collapsing!" Ethan shouted to all of them desperately trying to get them to move out of the life-threatening situation as the walls shook and the rest of the band froze on their spots.

Ethan jumped off behind his drums to drag Thomas, who was first in line, away from his guitar and threw it away, pushing Thomas to the door. Thomas' shocked expression met Ethan's pleading eyes for a brief second before he came back to his senses and flashed out.

The noise was growing louder and Ethan reached for both Damiano's and Victoria's hands and half dragged. half threw them to other side of the room in front of the door.

"GO! RUN!" Ethan shouted, almost desperate tears running from his eyes. Victoria was still in misbelief and holding onto her bass tight. Ethan's fingers tore it off from her and that's when Victoria woke to situation.

  "Damiano come!! We need to get out!" Victoria was about to drag Damiano on but Ethan pushed her on the stairs without single hesitation and was satisfied seeing her run down, he prayed the God Thomas would call for help.

"DAMIANO!" Ethan shouted and slapped the singer to release his shock as the walls were shaking. Ethan glared up trying to deal with his own panic as he pulled the singer in his arms and run downstairs.

Ethan stumbled in his feet on the last stair, falling down was like slowed in his head. He tucked arm under Damiano, getting the hit of the singer dead on his upper half. The loud bang inside the house finally got Damiano moving on his own, getting off of the drummer.