༊*˚𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐏𝐞𝐭 || 𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞💚 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫🌸༊*˚

Another short Chapter!
_____________________________________________

~3rd Person POV~

It was a nice, cool day today. Luckily, it was getting closer to fall, so it started cooling down a lot more. The squad decided to walk through the park. Whenever they arrived, there were leaves on the ground, orange and red. The trees were shifting their colors from bright green to reddish-orange.

More red squirrels could be seen in the trees, red foxes ran across the path every now and then, and Jade swore she saw a deer in the woods. (Y/N) and Jade was walking hand in hand down the tree-lined path. Everyone had gone their own ways, and these two went down the path.

As they were walking, there were a few cute rocks and pumpkins propped up against trees. A few leaves had fallen onto the two. (Y/N) quickly brushed them off, thinking it was a bug. Jade just ate them. If they were close to her mouth, however.

"Really?"

Jade laughed, "Yeah!"

They continued walking down the path. Until they heard a rustling in the bushes. They thought it was the wind, but it kept rustling after the wind. (Y/N) and Jade stopped in their tracks, staring in the direction of the sound. Jade started walking over to the sound.

"Wait, Jade!" (Y/N) followed after her.

Jade kneeled down to the bush, staring at it. (Y/N) was standing behind her, but was keeping their distance. Jade reached her hand up to the bush and was about to touch it, but something fell out. Jade and (Y/N) yelped a bit, Jade inched back.

They looked down at what fell out of the bush. It was a hedgehog. Jade's eyes and mouth widened as she picked it up. She examined the hedgehog at all angles, then stood back up. She turned around to (Y/N).

"(Y/N)..."

(Y/N) sighed, "I already know what you're about to ask."

"Can we please?" Jade bounced up and down a bit.

"We just found it." (Y/N) put their hands in their pockets. "In the middle of the park."

Jade smiled, "Exactly! The others don't have to know now!"

(Y/N) replied, "If you can keep it the rest of the walk without it running off, we can keep it."

Jade happily squealed and went back over to (Y/N). Jade held the hedgehog in her left hand and held (Y/N)'s hand with her right. They continued to stroll down the path. Jade had already named the hedgehog 'Darla'. The whole time, Darla stayed in Jade's hand.

When they made it to the end of the path, Jade hid Darla in her scarf. They met up with the rest of their friends and started heading home. Darla kept making little squeaks and noises. Some of their friends would question it, but (Y/N) would use the excuse that it was their phone. Either way, they made it to the house without anyone else finding out.

{Timeskip to in Jade's room}

Jade took her scarf off and placed Darla on the desk. (Y/N) sat on Jade's bed as she went looking around her room. (Y/N) watched as Jade was digging through her drawers, closet, and bins.

"What are you looking for?" (Y/N) asked.

Jade grabbed something and started walking back to Darla.

She responded, "Something for Darla to sleep on!"

Placing down the bed thing, Jade gently picked up Darla and placed her onto the bed she found. She pets Darla after. Yes, she got poked. Jade went over to the bed and sat down next to (Y/N). The two continued to talk with each other, mainly about Darla.

"Would you eat Darla?"

Jade shook her head, "Never!"

(Y/N) smiled and placed their head on top of Jade's. They continued to talk for the rest of the day until the moon's light started shining into their window.

_____________________________________________

Word Count: 613