Chapter 5

The next morning Lacey kissed her mate gently on the cheek and drug herself from the bed. She really just wanted to stay there in the bed next to him but knew her mama wouldn't let her because of school. The school year was almost over though, and then she would be free.

"Where are you going, Lacey mine?" Jordon asked in a sleepy voice from behind her.

"I have school, remember? Raina will be here to pick me up and since she has no patience I need to be ready," Lacey answered.

"I'll come by and pick you up after school and we'll go see the Alpha. Okay?"

"Okay," she agreed. Hearing a rustling behind her, Lacey smiled.

Two arms wrapped around her, and Jordon nipped her mark softly before demanding, "Give me a kiss before you go."

Lacey turned in his arms and kissed him, moaning at the urge to crawl back in the bed with him. Pushing the feeling away, she slipped out of his arms and hurried out of the room to get ready for school.

#

"LACEY, let's go girlie!" Raina shouted as she walked in the door.

"I'm coming, crazy girl," Lacey said walking out of the kitchen.

"Just making sure you weren't still piled up in the bed, 'cause honestly, if I'd met my mate just yesterday that's where I'd be," Raina informed Lacey with a soft laugh.

Lacey felt her face heat up and cleared her throat before saying, "Yes well, mate or no mate you know Mama isn't going to let me miss the last week of school testing."

"True that. So come on let's get gone," Raina said as Lacey felt her take hold of her arm.

Lacey was led to the car and once both girls were inside, Raina asked, "So... was it good? I mean, I don't need details or want them. I just want to know he made you happy."

Lacey smiled at the memory of her and Jordon making love. "Yeah, it was. When my wolf showed herself, after you and Ryan interrupted us, I was able to see him, Raina." She hummed happily at the picture of him she had in her mind and her wolf huffed, "mine." Lacey chuckled and said, "I must say, Jordon, is a very good-looking man."

"Wait! Are you saying that your wolf can see?" Raina loudly asked.

"Yeah, she can," Lacey answered. "How awesome is that? Anyway, I also found out that I have Alpha blood."

"Wow, that's pretty awesome too, Lacey."

"Yeah but..." her smile dropped. "I also found out that there is a possibility that I might not be able to shift."

"Oh," Raina whispered. "Do you know why?"

"My wolf didn't say, but I figure it has to do with whatever caused my blindness."

"You know it's just so strange, you being blind. As wolves, we act as if we're invisible. I mean, it's like we think we're above sickness and normal human weakness, but I suppose you're proof that we aren't," Raina said with a soft sigh.

"Yeah, guess so."

Raina turned on the radio then and they each remained quiet for the rest of the drive to school.

#

When the school day was finally over, Jordon was waiting for Lacey at the front door of the school. He quickly walked her to his truck, and they made their way to the Alpha's home. In less than ten minutes they were there and knocking on the door.

Ryan let them in with a light growl. "Hey, man, what was that yesterday with you being all growly with me?"

"Ryan, I had just found out Lacey was my mate, and she was... you know, unclothed," Jordon answered with a growl of his own.