Chapter 7- Mother-Son Bonding...

Emma's POV:
Imagining that Lauren was in love with me must be fucking with my mind, because i'm finding it difficult to feed my 2 year old little boy his evening meal, which is the most basic task to complete.

"I not no pas'a go in your nose, mummy."

"Huh?" i click back into reality, flexing my eyes, and see that i've nudged the fork upwards from his lips to his left nostril. Sorry, kid.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, baby boy. You're certainly right, pasta doesn't go up your nose!" i clean his face and notice he's pretty much done with his food, so i put his dishes in the sink and decide to give him some dessert.

"What would little man like for dessert? Hmm? Do you want...a biscuit?" Max shakes his head rapidly, "Do you want...some yog-yog?" Max whines at the sound of having some yogurt too.

So i find something that i know will make his little face smile, without fail.

"Would you like some ice cream?" his little face lights up and giggles, his hands happily smacking his high chair table.

"Yeah? Does that sound yummy?"

"Yah! Yah! Yah!" I scoop up some chocolate and vanilla ice-cream into a bowl and grab one spoon.

When I set down the bowl, Max makes a noise which suggests annoyance. I quirk my eyebrow up confusedly, "What's up, babe?"

"Mummy 'abe ice-crem too!" he frowns at the one spoon perched on the side, and I grab my own.

"You wanna share with mummy?"

"Yah! Mummy eat too!"

He's such a sweet boy. When i found out i was pregnant i was 16, and i took notice of how some people in my high school were, and when i found out it was a boy, i knew i'd raise him right. I wouldn't raise him to disrespect women, or to manipulate them and make them feel like shit.

I love my son more than anything in the world, and i want him to be a kind and respectful human being.

"Mummy, air'pane! Air'pane!"

"You got it, mini dude. SHWOOOM!" i direct the spoon to Max's mouth, twisting and turning each time.

"Haha! Yummy yummy yummy!"

Interrupting our Ice-Cream Sesh, the front door rings.

"Dooooooooorbeeeeeeeell!" Maxy says.

"Yes, little man, someone's at the door. Mummy'll be back in a second."

Max chews happily on his spoon as i move to get the door, and i get deja vu from my exceptionally long dream from the radiant woman i see before me.

"Oh, Lauren! Uh, sorry, Ma'am..."

"Yes, hello. May i come in?" i take note of Max, who is babbling happily at his Ice-Cream in the dining room, and allow Lauren across the threshold. Keeping secrets ended badly in my dream, and I don't plan on re-enacting it any time soon. Especially the romance-film rain-kiss.

"Thank you..." i am in no hurry to keep up with Lauren's purposeful strides as she swans into my house, and stops short when she sees Max, a strange look in her eyes.

"Oh! Hello." Lauren utters.

"Hi! Hehe! Mama, who dis?! Who dis?!" he giggles absent-mindedly as he points to Lauren, bouncing in his high chair with some unforgettable happiness.

Before i can introduce her, Lauren steps forward, seeming eager to meet my toddler.

"Hi, kid. I'm Lauren, and you are?"