Chapter 8- Love Is Worth The Effort...

Emma's POV:
"Okay, Maxy-Baby..." i say to a handsomely smiling boy, holding up two of my best outfits from my wardrobe, unsure as to which dress will have the honour of being worn to the date of the century, "Should mummy wear this blue one, or this white one?"

" i say to a handsomely smiling boy, holding up two of my best outfits from my wardrobe, unsure as to which dress will have the honour of being worn to the date of the century, "Should mummy wear this blue one, or this white one?"

My eyes flick from each outfit, confusion swaying in my mind as if this is a decision that will make or break my life, and let's be honest, it more than likely is

My eyes flick from each outfit, confusion swaying in my mind as if this is a decision that will make or break my life, and let's be honest, it more than likely is. "Mummy doesn't know which one to choose!"

And Max is proving to be no help, as he merely giggles up and me, and looks just as unsure as i do. "Mummy 'ook pwetty in both!" smartly played, young man.

"Aw, thank you baby...that's very sweet. But do you think mummy would look prettier in the white one, or the blue one?"

"Mmm...i no kno'! Bof pwetty!"

Here's me thinking toddlers were fashion experts. Guess it's been a while since i interacted with people who are potty trained, and can count past the number 10.

Finding myself getting no where with the outfit decision, i decide to give my mate Connor a call, who suspiciously picks up the phone on the first ring, seeming eager to speak to me.

"Emma! H-hi! H-h-how are you?" i choose to ignore his confusing stutter and get straight to the point, as the time for my date is nearing closer with every second. "Indecisive. Pick a colour. Blue or white." i tap my feet impatiently on the floor as i await Connor's response, the entire goddamn thing getting on my nerves. "Oh! Erm, white?"

I stare intellectually at the dress, finding his choice to make perfect sense. I'm sure Lauren will love it. "Yeah, i guess the white one has more cleavage. Good choice. Oh, shit!" i realise i don't have a babysitter yet, and i'm more than sure that if i left my son unattended in our house, the level of chaos caused would be unimaginable. "Mama said a bad 'ord." Max mumbles sat on my bed as i frantically worry.

I reply with as much composure as possible, "Yeah," i start with a laugh, "you're right baby,
mummy's sorry. Con, could you do me a huge favor?" friends are lifesavers, aren't they? "Of course i can! I-i'd do anything for you...whatcha need?"