𝘊𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘰

Wedding

Wedding.

The wedding that I'm dreading.

I place my sweaty palms on my lap under the table and hesitantly nod to my father. I move my head to look at Nathan and still see the stern expression on his face.

Does he care that he is basically being forced to marry me?

Does he agree with it?

"Yes, I think we should," Héctor responds to my father's question.

"People still don't know about the engagement, but when they do we have to make it look as real as possible," my father says and I swallow harshly at his words.

Once people find out about the engagement it will be all over the news.

Magazines, newspapers, social media.

Everyone will want to know the story. Everyone will want to know how the unobtainable Nathan Santoro became engaged to me.

I see Nathan's body tense up and my eyebrows furrow. "Avremo bisogno di maggiore sicurezza, soprattutto se questo farà notizia. Ho ancora nemici che mi vogliono morto," his Italian words sends goosebumps all around my body. (We will need more security, especially if this makes headlines. I still have enemies who want me dead)

"La vedranno al mio fianco e la useranno come un'opportunità per cercare di raggiungermi," he continues and I nervously bite my lip, wondering what the hell he is saying. (They will see her by my side and use her as an opportunity to try to reach me)

Both Héctor and my father sternly nod their head at Nathan's words. I begin to feel slightly annoyed.

My father is almost fluent in Italian, but failed to teach me. The only languages I know are Spanish and English, but if I knew my husband would be Italian, I would have urged my father to teach me.

My father clears his throat and I reach for my glass of water, "To make the engagement look real, a honeymoon is required," he says and I almost spit out my water, causing all eyes to be on me.

"A honeymoon? Is that really necessary?" I lightly cough and my father glares at me. I feel Nathan's eyes piercing through me and my body instantly heats up again.

"It's necessary for this marriage to look real," he firmly tells me while Héctor sends me a kind smile.

"What about college? Classes start soon I don't have time to be on a fake honeymoon," my gaze falling directly on my father, challenging him. He clenches his jaw and takes a deep breath.

"You will put your education on hold for now, Lina," he grits through his teeth and my fists clench in anger. I feel Nathan's gaze shift between me and my father. "It is important for the first year of your marriage to look real as possible," he scowls at me and my lip twitches in anger.