𝘕𝘶𝘦𝘷𝘦

The next morning I wake up feeling on edge

The next morning I wake up feeling on edge. Like I feel an intense amount of worry and fear. It honestly feels like I can't breathe properly. I just wish I had more time. I'm not worried about going out with Nathan tonight...I'm more worried about the outcome of it.

After tonight our engagement will be official. The whole world is going to know...Joseph is going to know and that's what scares me the most.

He hasn't called me or texted me since yesterday, well he can't because I blocked him. But I just can't help but feel nervous. I feel like something bad is going to happen.

"Lina, ya estás despierta?" The sound of a couple knocks followed by a slow soft voice interrupts my thoughts. (Lina, are you awake?)

"Sí Irma, entra," I call out, pushing away my messy curls from my face. Irma is one of the oldest maids here. She's been working for my dad since he was a child and would often take care of him. She basically raised him yet he ignores her every chance he gets. (Yes Irma, come in)

Irma slowly opens the door, walking in with a tired smile on her face. "Tu papá me mando para avisarte que está afuera esperando para desayunar contigo," she sits down on the edge of my bed, completely out of breath. (Your dad sent me to let you know that he's outside waiting to have breakfast with you)

My eyes widen in shock at her words. In my whole eighteen years of living, my father and I have never eaten breakfast together. He's always had his breakfast in the dining room and I have always had mine outside with Elena or with Ivan.

I wonder what he wants?

I want to ask her if she knows anything but I decide not to.

"Irma, I've told you so many times it's not safe for you to use the stairs, you could fall," I reach for her hand, caressing her delicate skin.

"Mija, I may look old but I'm not that old," she scoffs and I stifle back a giggle. "But I suppose you are right because it was a battle coming up here," she admits, earning a scowl from me.

Before I can say anything she cuts me off. "Now, get up and come downstairs because you know how your father gets when he's kept waiting," she gives my hand a quick reassuring squeeze, excusing herself out of my room.

I protest to help her down the stairs but she shuts me down by saying going downstairs is much easier than going upstairs. She does have a point.

Once my door closes I throw myself back on my bed, letting out a deep breath. Today is going to be an eventful day.

࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎࿎

I close the door of my bedroom and see Luca in the hallway patiently waiting for me. That's weird, it's usually Ivan who is here waiting for me. "Good morning, Luca," I give him a smile which he returns with a curt nod. Somebody's not a morning person.