Chapter 2: Opening Night

Harry & Maggie have their first interaction:)

Opening night had me running around like a mad woman, but thankfully Harry's team had made this so easy for me. It took them just two days to email me back all the documents I sent, and I actually had time to put everything in a binder, which was my preferred method of organization. I slipped in my sister's ticket and wristband before heading out of my office.

I walked over to Harry's dressing room and my assistant Anita was already waiting for me outside with the cart holding all the snacks bins and everything else I requested.

"Maggie! I'm so excited!!!" she looked so cute in her black skirt and black Love on Tour shirt we were gifted earlier today to wear for the first show.

I had chosen to wear a dress today, and felt strangely uncomfortable not knowing how to wear the shirt with my dress, so I carried it on my arm.

"You look so cute! I don't know what to do with mine, it looks weird over my dress."

"I bet I can fix it! Come on, let's go inside."

Once we were inside I slipped my shirt on and Maggie analyzed the situation, her eyes brightened up like they always did when she got an idea.

"I'll be right back okay!"

I nodded and turned to the cart, deciding I would start setting everything up. I placed my binder down and began setting up the bins for the snacks. Harry had requested bananas, simple chips, and some vegan snacks. I added some additional dried fruit I got at Trader Joe's thinking he would enjoy them.

My alarm went off on my phone and I quickly turned it off and started my stop watch. I always started it thirty minutes before the expected arrival time of the artist so I could keep track of how late or early they were.

Anita made her way back in the room locking the door and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Take off the dress and put these on." She said, handing me a pair of sheer black tights."

"But it's a shirt?"

"Yeah, and it's like half an inch shorter than your dress. You're basically five feet Mags, it'll look fine."

I bit my lip and nodded as she turned around to finish setting up while I changed like she said.

"Okay, done."

She turned to look at me smiling, "Umm, last thing, trade me your earrings."

I reached up and held my pearls, "But I love these."

"Maggie, just trust me, I promise I won't lose them."

I nodded, taking off my pearls and putting on her mini gold hoops.

She took a step back and smiled, "Perfect."

She walked me over to the full length mirror and smiled at how I looked, before walking over and unlocking the door. I looked over at myself and smiled at myself. My combat boots still looked good and my dark black hair made it all a vibe, "Wow, literally why didn't I think of this. Thanks Anita, there are always extra reasons why I keep you around." I smiled and hugged her tight as the door opened and Charles walked in.

"Hello ladies, it looks good here." He looked around the room, stopping at me, and raising both eyebrows, "Mags, you look different, good different of course."

Anita giggled softly, turning away to not bring further embarrassment to Charles.

"Thanks Charlie," I smile knowing hearing his nickname would make him feel better, "And where is your shirt mister team player?"