Chapter Nineteen: "I Can't Live Without You"

KAKUYA POV

I CANNOT believe that DeVante and Pac got into a scuffle, OVER NOTHING!!! He's jealous for no reason at ALL! Luckily, Pac didn't press charges so DeVante just got off with a slap on the hand. However, he ain't getting no leeway when it comes to me! I got home from work and began packing my things. I know he has a jealous streak, but this is crazy!

I was in the middle of packing when I heard DeVante walking in. He walked into our bedroom and went 0-100 real quick!

Me: Don't say a goddamn thing.

DeVante: How you just gon' leave me like this!? You ain't going nowhere!

He slammed things off the drawer and threw one of my bags across the room, putting a hole in the wall. He's making my case for me!

Me: I love you, but this jealousy is too much! You do too much! Enough is enough! You are smothering me, I NEED some space!

I continued packing and he groaned.

DeVante: You cheated on Pac with me, and you want to leave me for this nigga!? Why are you so fucking selfish? I'm jealous because I love you! I can't....I can't live without you!

I started crying as I packed.

Me: I told you not to talk to me!

DeVante: If I'm jealous, you made me this way?

Hold up, is he serious!? I made him this way? This is some bullshit!

Me: I'm sorry that I'm drop dead gorgeous!

DeVante: I can't take it that men look at you! They want what I have and I'm not having it.

Me: MEN LOOK AT ME, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!! GET OVER IT!!!

DeVante: You cheating on me! That's why you're leaving me!

Me: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!? I JUST TOLD YOU WHY I'M LEAVING! YOU NEED HELP!

I threw my bags in the living room and burst out crying! I love DeVante with EVERYTHING in me, but I hate the fact he's acting like a jealous animal is a major turn-off for me. I'm not breaking up with him, but we really need to step back and realize who we are as individuals.

Me: I can't do this.... (sobs).

DeVante: Baby....don't leave me.

Me: I can't deal with this....talk to me when you're sane, rational, and ready to be the man you need to me. I'm going back to Charlotte for a while.

I grabbed my things and put them in the taxi cab. I hate doing this, but sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. I can't live without him, because our love is strong and VERY intense, but if I'm not careful, the intensity will border into an obsession!